[ROM]Epic Unleashed 2.5! Blur-Be-Gone spray to get rid of those bugs!

Last Updated: 2010-09-16 05:26:30
  1. Matt4542

Matt4542 Well-Known Member

This is down until further notice.

Advertisement
    DroidMakesPwn likes this.
  2. raw33

raw33 New Member

Installing right now. Have liked all the previous versions so I'm sure this one will be right on. Thanks matt.
  3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new release, Matt! Looks like you've really stepped it up a notch - great work on the status bar/notification pull-down. :)
  4. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Might have to give this one a try.
  5. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn Member

Hey let me know if getting rid of all that blur crap helps smooth out the phone. Im not saying its slow, especially compared to my old storm 1, but my wife has the incredible and the home screens are much smoother...just wondering if it has to do anything with her being on 2.1 and im 2.2. thanks
    3a6c33c6-4545-47b3-9ea9-bb56f407ed09
  6. elmalodroid

elmalodroid Member

i like these modifications alot, thanks for the hard work.

things that i have noticed not working

swype
    keyboard is no longer back lit
    when i loaded 2.0 it wiped my contacts list
    maybe unrelated but i purchased setcpu and it won't download.
  7. BigDaddyCool

BigDaddyCool Active Member

Swype has been having issues... There are instructions in the 2.0 thread on how to fix it.

The contacts should sync with the google servers so you should be good. If not you may need to wipe cache and data to get this back to square one.

I dont believe setcpu will work because it doesnt have a compatible kernel that can modify the clock on the system but I may be wrong on that.
  8. elmalodroid

elmalodroid Member

is there something like setcpu for rooted users? i was most curious about underclocking when not in use to extend battery life.
  9. hgaunt56

hgaunt56 Member

SetCPU can only be used if rooted.
  10. hgaunt56

hgaunt56 Member

Just installed Epic 2.5! :D So far so good! However in the past couple of minutes I've noticed the following:

• The market doesn't launch, it does the zoom in effect then goes back to the screen I was on
    • Trying to view usage in battery manager causes Settings to force close
    • Cannot add a Google account in "Accounts" to sync contacts and such
  11. BigDaddyCool

BigDaddyCool Active Member

I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.5 with a data wipe before 2.0 and dont have any of the issues.

If you did this install and didnt do a data/cache wipe then that is the first thing I would do....
  12. Redflea

You could also try clearing data/cache for the Market and Gmail in Settings>Applications>Manage all apps.

But you might need to do a full wipe - Settings>Privacy>Factory Reset...all your apps will restore, back up call log, sms, etc., first if you want to keep them.
  13. DroidMakesPwn

DroidMakesPwn Member

U def have to do a data wipe and factory reset . I did the same thing earlier and the market was doing the same thing. Rebooted to recovery did wipe restarted and it was fine. Btw if u use appbrain and sync to the website it will back up all of your apps. Kind of.
  14. skipwagner

skipwagner New Member

why is this down right now ?
  15. imtheconvict

imtheconvict Member

I think there were too many problems you had to sbf bomb to get everything working correctly
  16. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

The notification bar doesn't pull down when making a call. At least not for me. That was for the previous version.
  17. Redflea

The notification bar never pulls down if your on the dialer screen while in a call...it's only available if you leave the dialer screen - been that way ever since I had a Droid 1 last November.