[Rom] Eris Live Wallpaper/Launcher2/Flan

Last Updated:

1. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This rom is only a beta. Use at your own risk. It's not gonna brick your phone or anything, but it may not be completely stable.

It includes:

Lives Wallpapers
    Nexus Launcher 2
    Nexus Flan photo gallery
    Nexus bootscreen
    Nexus/Eclair lockscreen
    Wifi Tethering

Removes:

HTC Music/Stock/Weather/Twitter Widgets
    Facebook
    HTC Lockscreen
    Twitter
    PDF Viewer
    Teeter
    VVM

Note: To install this you must have the Amon recovery image installed. Place the .zip file in your sdcard root, reboot into recovery, flash dalvik and data, then flash the rom from the sdcard.

Note2: Sense is enabled by default. To use all the features, disable Sense and use Home. Warning: Most live wallpapers and the Flan gallery DO NOT WORK with the Nexus Launcher, so if you choose to use the Nexus Launcher over Home, don't use Live Wallpapers or Flan. Also, the Galaxy wallpaper doesn't work at all. Some of the live wallpapers will disappear after the phone locks as well.

Like I said, this is just a BETA TEST rom to give ya'll a taste of stuff to come. I won't be offering support for it, so don't use it unless you somewhat know what you're doing, and just want to play around with stuff.

Download: (md5: 01146124649396a61360cb3d371d1355) eris_LP-0_1.zip

Post back with any bugs you encounter other than what I mentioned.

Advertisement
    -Don likes this.
  2. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

Nice work :)
    Might have to ditch my ROM and try your out for a few days....
    What are your benchmarks looking like?

3. GrdLock

Live wallpapers don't seem to slow the phone down TOO much, just gotta get the bugs worked out with them. I don't think it's gonna be possible to get interactive wallpapers working with Launcher2, so people will just have to choose which they'd rather have. :)

Main thing will be getting all the wallpapers to stay there after the phone locks. Outta be fixed soon, I'll be busy all weekend though, just wanted to post this before I left. I kinda rushed it, so hopefully all is well... if not, just reflash another rom. :)

BTW acid, I did get your PM, not just ignoring it, just been busy, I'll try to consolidate stuff next week. ;)

4. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Well-Known Member

No Worries.
    I have been messing with wallpapers/lock issue as well...
    I have it working 50% of time after lock..
    Will try and find sometime this weekend to shoot over to IRC or just drop off where I am at...

5. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I'm ditching my current rom just to try out our Wifi tethering. Still can't get mine to work right! Grr. Hopefully we get the live wallpapers figured out soon!

Edit: Sadly the Wifi tether STILL doesn't work for me. I'm starting not get discouraged about it. It worked on the first cooked ROM, but nothing since. hah

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

this all makes me want to cry :(
    its like the old winmo days but...i updated with the 2.1 leak so...no flashing for me! :(

7. zigzackattack

zigzackattack Well-Known Member

Why isn't anyone talking about this rom? I want to hear more? How are things working?

8. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

To make wifi tether work I had to start with image 02 then move to 03 without clearing any data.

What is your logic saying it doesn't work?

Does su permissions not open up and ask you to allow?

Does it start all the way but not show up to ipods and computers?

9. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

Wallpapers still disappear when the phone goes to sleep... regardless if you have the screen set to never time out. Has the google log in bug whenever you reboot which I didn't have with the .02 Rom. Seems like a couple of the wallpapers, when selected, reboot your phone. I haven't tried Wifi tethering so no input on that.

10. GrdLock

Some people seem to NOT be having the issue with live wallpapers disappearing when the phone sleeps.

If you are one of those people, PLEASE PM ME! I need your help to figure out what the issue is!

Basically I'll need a dump of your system image, which you can get by doing a nandroid backup from the recovery image. Then in your /sdcard/nandroid/ folder you'll find system.img. I need that file.

TIA. :)

11. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

I will gladly do that. But i just saw that there is an update today so let me flash that on and then see if the problem is fixed... it might be the same one I received from jcase last night tho. Not sure

12. GrdLock

Yeah, that fix basically just removes the Galaxy wallpapers from the gallery, since it doesn't work at all on our phones.

13. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

Yeah i notice. K give me a sec and I'll send the file

14. Ruh17

Ruh17 Well-Known Member

Another bug i have noticed... is i'm using a didgital clock widget and every time i reboot my phone it changes the background color of the clock to the original color. When i go to menu to change it it says it's already at the color i selected but i need to push it again to chang the actual widget.

15. GrdLock

So you're NOT experiencing the LWP sleep bug where they disappear if you put the phone into sleep mode when it's not plugged in?

If so, great, send me that system.img from a nandroid backup. You can upload it to sendspace.com or something.

I'll look into the clock thing though.

16. Thats

What doesn't work is when I press the "Start Tethering" it runs, but when finishes it shows "completed with errors, check show logs for more info" When I click that it says that "Initizing Wifi Interface failed"

17. GrdLock

@Thats:

Are you running the 0_3 rom? If you're still on 0_2, you need to do this:

adb shell
    su
    ln -s /system/xbin/ifconfig /system/bin/ifconfig

18. Thats

I'm on the 0_3 rom, which supposedly said that it was fixed?

19. anderson620

anderson620 Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same thing. Also only the music live wallpaper will load. The grass resets the phone and the others give a black screen.

This is a great start! I noticed that the wireless tethering is the same version as the one I previously installed under_03 (1_7--pre2_htc) with no errors. They will not uninstall under this new build, as I was going to try the copy that I had from previously.

Keep up the good work! I know its a small part, but I absolutely love the lock screen!

20. anderson620

Very interesting find...This new beta has seemed to fix the navigation issue. I no longer need a work around for it!

21. anderson620

Can anyone tell me where to find the lockscreen files? I would loke to try and use them with the _03 build but have had no luck finding them. Thanks!

22. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk.
    You can either delete it or just rename it to something like HtcLockScreen.apk.bak

23. anderson620

I'm really racking up the posts today....

With this beta installed I'm having trouble with the adb shell command saying "device not found"

I've tried debugging on and off and reloading usb drivers. ANy ideas?

24. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

You have all the drivers needed?
    if not go to sdk setup.exe and install all of them to be safe.

25. anderson620

I appreciate it, but I cannot find it in this folder. I can find it in all of the other roms I have, but not this one. Just didn't know if it was by another name.