[ROM] ESE81 Completely Stock With Proper Root, SU, & Baseband

Last Updated:

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Pete works fast! Posting this on his behalf here. If you like it, please donate :D

HINT

If you've already flashed the new 3P baseband, you can go ahead an delete the bp.img, mbm.bin, and rdl.bin files from the update.zip. It'll result in an "installation failure" because the script won't be able to find them, but it works regardless, and it prevents anything from going wrong in a baseband update.

Advertisement
  2. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

I may try it, I may not. But I am also a poor college student and can't donate.

3. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

Wow.. that was quick.

So basically it could potentialy be the OTA with the baseband. This isn't a BB revision...... yet. ;)

So if we've done the baseband update.zip to 3P and we're already running a 2.1 ROM there's really no real need to do this... unless we just want to see what it is.... right?.

Thanks FAB!.

4. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

Oh so tempting...

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I still want to know what the differences are between ESE53 and ESE81. Not that it matters to me, I'm on CyanogenMod which builds straight from AOSP, but I'm still curious as to what the big deal is.

6. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask this same question :) The 3P update went smooth for me. Saying the ESE81 is optimized for the Droid mostly means updating the radio to 3P correct? I don't want to let go of the FAB Nextbeast ROM I'm running....thanks.

7. tominabox1

tominabox1 Well-Known Member

what state does my phone need to be in to run this? update? 2.0.1 stock? 2.0.1 rooted? Can i install it from an ESE53 ROM?

8. Fabolous

Pete said that he couldn't see any major differences between ESE81 and 53. I think if you're happy with your custom ROM (ESE53 or AOSP based), there isn't too much motivation to update to this ROM.

Still, I'm pretty bored so I might flash this :D

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I'm patient. I am sure that Pete'll use ESE81 as the base for his BB 1.0 when it comes out. Then I'll donate to his cause... AGAIN :)

10. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

I rooted through dmupdater and installed the Droidmod 2.01 based rom. Can I install this 2.1 update.zip with the baseband update? Will it replace my Droidmod rom with the stock 2.1 version, additionally including root? Does this mean ESE81 has already been rooted? Please suggest the best way to apply this update in my circumstance.

11. Fabolous

This should work for you, though I suggest doing a factory reset.

12. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Hopefully news like this will stop those still on the fence from trying (and from what I am reading failing) to unroot there phones preparing for the OTA. We have too many extras right now in our current ROMS for me to consider spending time with this ESE81 release but it is cool to see how fast Pete threw it together :rolleyes:

13. Fabolous

Yeah, he literally Gtalk'ed me right as I woke up this morning with this file. The man's a beast!!

14. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

It would take a collaborative effort of Google, Motorola and Verizon about a year to accomplish the same thing (and they still would not get it right).

15. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

and it would take 4 months to roll it out! lol

16. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Yeah, I won't spend time with it either but I downloaded it just so I have it. Stock ESE53 wasn't any fun...I'm not sure why this would be any different. And to think...people have been waiting a LONG time for this...just doesn't make any sense to me. I hope these people realize that this update...while it may be needed for flash to run...doesn't instantly turn your phone into anything more than it was originally.

Seriously...how many 2.1 Update threads have there been?

17. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

can we use other kernals with this and over clock, just curious

18. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

+1

19. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

I unrooted and got the OTA update. I've run plain vanilla ESE53 and now I'm running plain vanilla ESE81 and I can't tell much of a difference at all other than the ESE81 seems to be a tiny tad bit smoother on my phone than the ESE53 was (but this perception might just be in my head).

20. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

pete said any ese53 kernels should work fine

21. Fabolous

:(

Something's different about the framework, and I can't get the clock and notification text to turn white.

Also, just updated the OP with this:

HINT

If you've already flashed the new 3P baseband, you can go ahead an delete the bp.img, mbm.bin, and rdl.bin files from the update.zip. It'll result in an "installation failure" because the script won't be able to find them, but it works regardless, and it prevents anything from going wrong in a baseband update.

22. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member

Im gonna wait till the new BB 1.0 rolls out. I see no need to flash IMO.

23. bose301s

bose301s Well-Known Member

Flashed to ESE81, my lock screen has disappeared. It's odd, I may flash back to BB .9

Ok, more problems than just that, I couldn't get back to the home screen and other things, probably from my own doing but back to BB .9 for now.

24. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

I'm trying hard to understand this.
    1. If I were to go back to stock 2.01 (from droidmod) and installed Pete's update in this thread, would I have a stock ESE81 firmware and apps and still have root?
    2. Would I be able to overclock, install custom roms, kernals, etc.?

25. tominabox1

tominabox1 Well-Known Member

Yes, you can do just that. I'm running ESE81 with Chevy's LV 7 slot 1GHz kernel as we speak. shoudl work with any of the ESE53 kernels from what I've read. Obviously complete custom ROMS will overwrite ESE81 for ESE53 so it'd be pretty pointless to do so. Kernels work though :)