• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

I would say yes, to avoid issues

Figured as much... Was hoping not. I'm just getting all set up. I got most of my setup finished last night. I haven't had any random reboots or anything. There's a few things that aren't necessarily bad, but different that I could change in PA that I can't in this rom. Video isn't working for me but I flashed the 4.2 camera, didn't try on the stock camera.

Is sweep to wake not an option with BT 14.1, or was it just not included in the rom? Like could I reflash 14.1 and choose the sweep to wake option? It seems pretty smooth and stable so far. I will probably flash 14.2 kernel tonight and see how that goes.

A couple things that are bugging me are:
1. Persistent switch input method in notification bar any time I'm typing.
2. Can turn off the extra toggles in task menu but not the main ones. If I can't turn them off, I'd like to at least be able to choose which ones I want to see. Some of them are irrelevant to me. Personally I'd like the option to show none of them.

There is more but I don't want to be too hard on the rom. I like it and will likely keep this as my daily and look forward to seeing where it goes.
I haven't played a lot yet, but nothing that I've found so far is anything big enough to keep me from using it, just some personal preference things that bug me a little.

Upvote 0
^^ Did you try SK Gapps, it has the modded camera with photosphere

New battery on it way free of charge, it pays to be a loyal Sprint customer. ;)

I tried on initial flash but it aborted itsself upon flashing. Maybe my download was corrupt? Haven't downloaded again to retry. It's odd though, I was using 4.2 camera on PA and photosphere worked fine.

Upvote 0
Yep sounds like a bad download, you flash regular gapps, then reboot, the flash SK just to make sure that is what your doing.

If you be the SK file let me know I will give you my DB link for it.

I tried on initial flash but it aborted itsself upon flashing. Maybe my download was corrupt? Haven't downloaded again to retry. It's odd though, I was using 4.2 camera on PA and photosphere worked fine.

Upvote 0
Yep sounds like a bad download, you flash regular gapps, then reboot, the flash SK just to make sure that is what your doing.

If you be the SK file let me know I will give you my DB link for it.

Okay! I might try it again later. I don't know if I want the boot animation though. Maybe I'll pull it before flashing. Or I suppose I could just flash a new boot animation.

Upvote 0
You are getting MMS now right? Mines working good. BTW anyone wants to try last nights build? http://d-h.st/nJs battery life is fixed up, got latest BT but the number will still read 14.1 (BW says he'll update that) I compile the kernel from source along with the rom because it seems toe that both behave better like that. Anyone who tries it please let me know what you think, its been running better for me so far than any other. If you don't wanna upgrade yet that's ok too cause tonight I'll post more fixes and I have finally got all the latest 2.99 stuff building in for the PA parts of the rom, more recent aokp, and the latest CM built in. I am also bit by bit incorporating what I can so far from 4.2 so that when we do finally switch we'll already be half way there :D I'll try to get a few more fixes in and have it up either tonight or tomorrow am.

Upvote 0
You are getting MMS now right? Mines working good. BTW anyone wants to try last nights build? http://d-h.st/nJs battery life is fixed up, got latest BT but the number will still read 14.1 (BW says he'll update that) I compile the kernel from source along with the rom because it seems toe that both behave better like that. Anyone who tries it please let me know what you think, its been running better for me so far than any other. If you don't wanna upgrade yet that's ok too cause tonight I'll post more fixes and I have finally got all the latest 2.99 stuff building in for the PA parts of the rom, more recent aokp, and the latest CM built in. I am also bit by bit incorporating what I can so far from 4.2 so that when we do finally switch we'll already be half way there :D I'll try to get a few more fixes in and have it up either tonight or tomorrow am.

I'm gonna flash and will flash the next build also lol. I always do a clean install but can I dirty flash

Upvote 0
I will give it a whirl before i go to work and test it during the day and report back, so BW 14.2 is on there now ?? I will also test BT for you on my way to work. ;)
Do you prefer I do a fresh install or do you want me to do a D Flash ??

You are getting MMS now right? Mines working good. BTW anyone wants to try last nights build? Dev-Host - shooter_PAC_jb-alpha-v18.0.0-R3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service battery life is fixed up, got latest BT but the number will still read 14.1 (BW says he'll update that) I compile the kernel from source along with the rom because it seems toe that both behave better like that. Anyone who tries it please let me know what you think, its been running better for me so far than any other. If you don't wanna upgrade yet that's ok too cause tonight I'll post more fixes and I have finally got all the latest 2.99 stuff building in for the PA parts of the rom, more recent aokp, and the latest CM built in. I am also bit by bit incorporating what I can so far from 4.2 so that when we do finally switch we'll already be half way there :D I'll try to get a few more fixes in and have it up either tonight or tomorrow am.

Upvote 0
Depends how you are flashing, lets see if he wants us to do a dirty Flash or a clean install, if you do a clean install, then do a Nandroid, then do a data backup, then do a full wipe, then wipe partitions, then flash Rom, then flash Gapps, then restore data, then reboot, then recovery again and install SK Gapps if you want, reboot and test

are we still flashing SK gapps?

Upvote 0
OK flashed as I mentioned above, the kernel still shows 14.1+ and your build still says Dec 11th build, which is what I assumed you mentioned, I will test during the day and also report back on BT. ;)

and I have the kernel settings set up as described below

Govenor On demand
Min 384 Max 1566
Set on boot On
IO scheduler to Deadline
I also set the daily reboot to go on at 5AM each day

attachment.php

You are getting MMS now right? Mines working good. BTW anyone wants to try last nights build? Dev-Host - shooter_PAC_jb-alpha-v18.0.0-R3.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service battery life is fixed up, got latest BT but the number will still read 14.1 (BW says he'll update that) I compile the kernel from source along with the rom because it seems toe that both behave better like that. Anyone who tries it please let me know what you think, its been running better for me so far than any other. If you don't wanna upgrade yet that's ok too cause tonight I'll post more fixes and I have finally got all the latest 2.99 stuff building in for the PA parts of the rom, more recent aokp, and the latest CM built in. I am also bit by bit incorporating what I can so far from 4.2 so that when we do finally switch we'll already be half way there :D I'll try to get a few more fixes in and have it up either tonight or tomorrow am.

Attachments

• Screenie.png
    Screenie.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0
OK flashed as I mentioned above, the kernel still shows 14.1+ and your build still says Dec 11th build, which is what I assumed you mentioned, I will test during the day and also report back on BT. ;)

and I have the kernel settings set up as described below

Govenor On demand
Min 384 Max 1566
Set on boot On
IO scheduler to Deadline
I also set the daily reboot to go on at 5AM each day

attachment.php

Did the same minus tweaking kernel settings

Upvote 0
CMB, BT worked for 3 straight calls, the same issue though when I turn BT on, it turns sounds on phone to vibrate, and then if I turn BT back off sounds come right back, here is Logcat below

It could also be my new Motorola BT that does that by design I am not sure, I don't have another BT to test it out, so maybe someone else will chime in to let us know if when they turn BT on if the phone goes into Vibrate mode

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50204814/alogcat.2012-12-19-09-36-15-0500-Bluetooth%20on%20off%20issue.rar

Reactions: cmbaughman
Upvote 0
Well I am waiting to see what CMB has cooked up, I assume he has not been around because of the holidays, I only had one reboot since the Beta release a few days ago, and my BT turns the phone to vibrake when I power my BT on, other then that so far all is good.

Also what a difference a new battery does , received it yesterday and this morning I was on a 40 minute call and it dropped 1% before I would of loss 30% by now. I will try to take a screen shot to show you how the battery warped and swelled up, it would not even sit in the case properly anymore. I would get off the phone and my phone would be hot where the back and the battery site, not cool as can be. Even when I have it in the charger it would get hot, not anymore.

Also at times I get GMail syncing issues and have to reboot.

attachment.php

Battery swell

attachment.php

Attachments

• rsz_screenshot_2012-12-21-08-00-22.jpg
    rsz_screenshot_2012-12-21-08-00-22.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 172
  • rsz_img_20121221_075415.jpg
    rsz_img_20121221_075415.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones