• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM] - Evo 3D CDMA - PAC [OFFICIAL]

So far I've noticed that the kill app back button still doesn't work. I can't record video either. Mine restarted the phone after freezing at 13 seconds. Haven't played a lot yet. Will test mms today.

Don also have you gotten rid of the X boot animation that came with the gapps update? I flashed that update last night so the first thing I did was get rid of that.
It's odd because the pacman bootanimation is in /system/bin and is not a zip. First time I have seen this... :thinking: anyway, because of that you don't even need to replace the bootanimation, simply go to /system/media and delete bootanimation.zip and you will be back to the original pacman animation!

Upvote 0
OK, here is an update, I Nandroided back to PA, after having 3 reboots in less then 10 minutes I could not take it. I will wait a see when CMB comes back to see what he has to say. I need my phone and we had an episode this morning where we had to rush out Little boy (Dog) to the emergency and I was not able to call or do anything because of the reboots. My wife was freaking out as she could not reach me.

Brian if you want the X off, simply don't flash the SK Gapps, then you will not have the X

I wish CMB would try the stock Kernel to see how it acts or maybe put back 12.2 for now until these issues are resolves.

Upvote 0
OK, here is an update, I Nandroided back to PA, after having 3 reboots in less then 10 minutes I could not take it. I will wait a see when CMB comes back to see what he has to say. I need my phone and we had an episode this morning where we had to rush out Little boy (Dog) to the emergency and I was not able to call or do anything because of the reboots. My wife was freaking out as she could not reach me.

Brian if you want the X off, simply don't flash the SK Gapps, then you will not have the X

I wish CMB would try the stock Kernel to see how it acts or maybe put back 12.2 for now until these issues are resolves.

I haven't had any random reboots :/ I already got rid of the X easily. Was just posting instructions in case anyone else wanted to get rid of it. Also it would be super easy to delete the boot animation from the zip before flashing. I wonder why you're having the reboots? Did you post the update that was linked? I'm on that and newest bt and have had no reboots or issues.

Upvote 0
Yes I was on the latest he posted.

I haven't had any random reboots :/ I already got rid of the X easily. Was just posting instructions in case anyone else wanted to get rid of it. Also it would be super easy to delete the boot animation from the zip before flashing. I wonder why you're having the reboots? Did you post the update that was linked? I'm on that and newest bt and have had no reboots or issues.

Upvote 0
Not to worry I am here and I am waiting for a build now. Anyway the system/bin/bootanimation is not the actually boot animation its a binary that many aosp based ROMs build in. The version I am running now seems pretty good I been running for days and nothing but good battery after you let it settle in and pretty stable. I was able to record as much video as I want. No issue except on first run until my second or so reboot then absolutely no issue. I think that's because the rom has a ton and really needs apps to be in dalvik like most ROMs you will get nest results then. I'll post in a little while build will be done soon and I'll check her out and get back to you.

Upvote 0
Not to worry I am here and I am waiting for a build now. Anyway the system/bin/bootanimation is not the actually boot animation its a binary that many aosp based ROMs build in. The version I am running now seems pretty good I been running for days and nothing but good battery after you let it settle in and pretty stable. I was able to record as much video as I want. No issue except on first run until my second or so reboot then absolutely no issue. I think that's because the rom has a ton and really needs apps to be in dalvik like most ROMs you will get nest results then. I'll post in a little while build will be done soon and I'll check her out and get back to you.

i was just flashing the build from your google plus lol

Upvote 0
I am not sure what's causing your reboots but perhaps its the version that I am on I don't know. Anyone else have these issues? Also I am sorry to hear of your issues. Hopefully its resolved with this. I'll know for sure if you have any issue with this one, well have to talk and rule things out and I'll fix her cause I do not want anyone having those sorts of results

Upvote 0
I am not sure what's causing your reboots but perhaps its the version that I am on I don't know. Anyone else have these issues? Also I am sorry to hear of your issues. Hopefully its resolved with this. I'll know for sure if you have any issue with this one, well have to talk and rule things out and I'll fix her cause I do not want anyone having those sorts of results

i had one reboot 2 days ago havent had any since but i think it happened cuz i used someone else's tb data for a game i have since deleted that data and started over no reboots since then again my 3VO isnt in service so i only use it when im at home or near wifi but idk

Reactions: cmbaughman
Upvote 0
Ok so far so good! This new build is better so far but I had to cancel a few things but many updates are there. Coming pretty soon I'll use aroma so you can decide between stock, or buttered toast (that part is a ways out but I'll start it) and more. I'll prob make the new build (the next new build after this one today) use aroma. It may not be super pretty or anything to look at though as I severely lack artistic ability! I'll have to get my main man digitalhigh to give me some graphic or something.

Upvote 0
Thank CMB I will check in later right now my wife and I are dealing with the grief of loosing our 15 year old dog

I will test later on if you want send me a pm with your email and we can communicate like that also as mentioned above the last version BT worked but when I would turn it on it would put the phone in vibrate and once I would turn it off it would still stay in vibrate I would have to turn sound back on

Upvote 0
Don, I am sorry to hear about your dog. That's hard, especially with that much time with you. I hope you and your's still have a great holiday!

Updated OP finally, you should definitely try after nandroid and full wipe! Hope everyone enjoys it, I am running it myself so I know there shouldn't be any major issues, and I hope that's your experience too! Lots of changes, fixes, all sorts. Next release will include the Pacman game (trying to get permission from the owner of an open source version I found and compiled).
Literally running out the door, however I'll check in with everyone to see if your experiences were as good as mine. Enjoy!
Hope everyone has a good holiday if it's a holiday for you and if not, still have a good time! And as usual thanks for the support!

Upvote 0
Thanks bro, appreciate the kinds words, he was our little boy and he did everything with us. This is truly breaking our hearts.

I will try to flash this tonight and report back, did you get a change to check the BT issue where it puts the phone into vibrate.

Don, I am sorry to hear about your dog. That's hard, especially with that much time with you. I hope you and your's still have a great holiday!

Updated OP finally, you should definitely try after nandroid and full wipe! Hope everyone enjoys it, I am running it myself so I know there shouldn't be any major issues, and I hope that's your experience too! Lots of changes, fixes, all sorts. Next release will include the Pacman game (trying to get permission from the owner of an open source version I found and compiled).
Literally running out the door, however I'll check in with everyone to see if your experiences were as good as mine. Enjoy!
Hope everyone has a good holiday if it's a holiday for you and if not, still have a good time! And as usual thanks for the support!

Reactions: cmbaughman
Upvote 0
Believe me I have a good idea what you mean. We lost one of ours last year and it was tough for a us. But we came out with a lot of positive memories and times that will never fade away.

Anyway I am actually hoping someone else can test Bluetooth as I don't really have anything I can use to test. If not let me know please and I'll see what I can do!

Upvote 0
I did post the Logcat above about the BT, don't know if you saw it.

Yes, you are correct, this is the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Believe me I have a good idea what you mean. We lost one of ours last year and it was tough for a us. But we came out with a lot of positive memories and times that will never fade away.

Anyway I am actually hoping someone else can test Bluetooth as I don't really have anything I can use to test. If not let me know please and I'll see what I can do!

Upvote 0
Thanks Brian

CMB, I just flashed it, instead of restoring advance data this time, I simply restored my apps with data. I will test BT and report back. I noticed a new app you installed Online back up, is this new, never noticed it before, how exactly does it work ??I also left the kernel as default settings, to see how it reacts instead of setting it to BW settings.

I also only flashed Gapps and not SK Gapps also

I also notice that GMail Sync is off by default, don't remember if this is by design ??

Reactions: IPWNPACIFISTS
Upvote 0
Thanks Brian

CMB, I just flashed it, instead of restoring advance data this time, I simply restored my apps with data. I will test BT and report back. I noticed a new app you installed Online back up, is this new, never noticed it before, how exactly does it work ??I also left the kernel as default settings, to see how it reacts instead of setting it to BW settings.

I hadn't even noticed that thanks for the heads up

Upvote 0
OK, just tested BT, still puts the phone in vibrate, just not sure it this is normal, it is a new BT, I don't have another one to test. maybe it is normal as it reads text and caller ID etc... so maybe that is how the sound comes through the BT by turning vibrate on, just not sure. I will post a screenshot. Maybe some else can test the BT for us to see. I will post Logcat anyways so you can check it.

Also got a reboot while I was on a call today. Maybe my phone does not like BT, weird.

Here is the Logcat, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50204814/alogcat.2012-12-24-21-29-06-0500.rar

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenie.jpg
    Screenie.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Thanks Brian

I also notice that GMail Sync is off by default, don't remember if this is by design ??

I would assume that it only gives you so much free space for online backup. You can also sync your TiBu with box or drop box. A guy at xda is still offering a free 50 gb box upgrade!

I'm still on the older version and Gmail sync is disabled. Prompts me when I open it the first time.

Upvote 0
K, I am on 4.2.1 for Gmail, when I opened the Gmail up it never asked to turn sync on, I would not use the Online back, was just curious about it if asked, I have a 32 GB card so I am good with that. I also love my Romtoolbox Pro, works great. ;)

I would assume that it only gives you so much free space for online backup. You can also sync your TiBu with box or drop box. A guy at xda is still offering a free 50 gb box upgrade!

I'm still on the older version and Gmail sync is disabled. Prompts me when I open it the first time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones