[ROM] EVO V 4G Stock ROM Deodex/Odex

Last Updated: 2015-05-03 01:11:00
  1. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. I am not responsible for what you do on your device. I left this stock to provide a base for anybody that wants to use it. Mod this rom how you want. Just please remember to give credit where credit is due.

This is a pure stock rooted rom. It has items like busybox, init.d support and so forth. No apps were added or removed. Both Odexed and Deodexed versions below.

Enjoy

Download

Advertisement
  2. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Well-Known Member

Big huge thanks to JMZ!!! Rock on!!!
  3. matthewrocz

matthewrocz Well-Known Member

What's the difference between the two roms?
  4. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

xstefen, pcorlatan and dg61981 like this.
  5. matthewrocz

matthewrocz Well-Known Member

6. i2c

i2c Well-Known Member

So this is like the stock rooted V 4G ROM? Meaning that it has all the VM programs and stuff like twitter and facebook and Sense preinstalled?
  7. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

This is like you pulled it out of the box but its rooted and the other items listed in op
  8. armeN0317

armeN0317 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! I hope you continue this work in the future when updates roll out (assuming they roll out).
  9. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Thank you JMZ, very much appreciated.
  10. Subzer0

Subzer0 Well-Known Member

Thanks jmz! I made a nandroid backup as soon as I installed 4EXT, so my backup should be bone stock. I will keep this on file in case I ever lose it. Backup was almost 800mb though! Used to the 100mb triumph roms! lol
  11. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Yeah sense is heavy. But hey. It is a lot more sexy than pure stock. I know that comment will start a war. Lol
  12. i2c

i2c Well-Known Member

IDK, stock ICS is pretty sexy.
  13. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

its more of a visual preference I think. I prefer sense others prefer a clean pure look.
  14. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Well I only buy HTC because sense. I have used other phones and never will again
    Essjay22 likes this.
  15. flutie98

flutie98 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to like this version of sense. The only thing I can't do is the sense mail app. I need to find the apk for the stock ics mail app if that's even possible.
  16. eatsaimin

eatsaimin Well-Known Member

Thanks jmz!
  17. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Can this be flashed over stock with just wiping caches?
  18. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

The odex version should be 100% fine, as the stock ROM is odex. The De-Odexed version should also be fine, but if you run into problems, I suggest you wipe caches and data and try again.
    thebryceee likes this.
  19. ZAXIS

ZAXIS Well-Known Member

just wanted to show my appreciation to jmz---thanks:D:D:D:D
  20. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

Thanks for the work JMZ.

Question though. What app did you use to make these Zips? They get errors when I try to extract them using either 7zip or WinZip. The central and local headers don't match. The MD5 checksum listed on the goo download page matches the md5 that I generated to verify that my download was good. I also redownloaded the files a couple of times to make sure.

I just downloaded your VM Shooter rom to see if I could extract the files from there and that one extracts fine so it seems that these files (both the odex and deodex zips) are somehow corrupted on the server side--just fyi.
  21. Leslie Ann

I had to open it in Linux to get it to open, I'm not sure what the exact problem was.

Regardless, you can then re-save it and open in windows.
    If you don't have a linux computer you could boot from a live disk (cd or thumbstick).
  22. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

I was able to do it in Windows 7 I used WinRar
  23. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

I really have no idea man. I'm pretty sure it was just like every other Rom I do. Winrar, zip, normal compression. Never heard that issue before. I just tested and could open it and extract just fine on my windows box.
  24. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers. I'll try winrar to do the extract. If necessary, I'll have to use my linux vm as Leslie Ann suggested, I suppose.
  25. Leslie Ann

Winrar was what I used and couldn't open it.
    Probably a minor variation in the protocol.