• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

Have you all tried theOC kernel 1.7.20 and are you still having the proximity issue?

I no longer have the proximity issue with the OC kernel. I also have stock gingerbread launcher as well as uninstalling all apps from the rom I do not use so its a bare bone cm7. But i think its installing the oc kernel that helped. I made sure i created a backup because i never wanna have that issue again as it was so annoying with automated calls.

Love the rom guys and now i love this phone. Thank you to all the devs! :)

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
I no longer have the proximity issue with the OC kernel. I also have stock gingerbread launcher as well as uninstalling all apps from the rom I do not use so its a bare bone cm7. But i think its installing the oc kernel that helped. I made sure i created a backup because i never wanna have that issue again as it was so annoying with automated calls.

Love the rom guys and now i love this phone. Thank you to all the devs! :)

I have tried the OC kernel and it didn't fix the problem for me

Upvote 0
OK I rebuilt the kernel and removed the settings for INPUT_GPIO. It seems to have resolved the problem with the proximity sensor as I tested this on several calls with no problems. Also the issue with sound getting messed up when notifications come while listening to music seems to also be resolved, I tested it listening to music and also local videos on the phone.

Upvote 0
OK I rebuilt the kernel and removed the settings for INPUT_GPIO. It seems to have resolved the problem with the proximity sensor as I tested this on several calls with no problems. Also the issue with sound getting messed up when notifications come while listening to music seems to also be resolved, I tested it listening to music and also local videos on the phone.

Dog gone it, and I just found where the phone is in the source code (well I think, still looking). On my agenda is to look into other cm7 kernels, like b_random's to find some features I would like. Some of them would be just to add functionality like to mount CD images. I don't know what mantera has done on his kernel, but I visiting post 1&2 to see there also:).
I remember that there were two issues that seemed to stem from the proximity sensor. I would think this would fix one of them. I am going to try my self later, maybe tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Can I flash this over Whyzor's 3-25 build or is a fresh install recommended?

Flash over.

By the way. I did my dirty fix for the camera focus rectangle.

You can push it with ADB, or your favorite method.

For those who need to know, it goes into /system/apps/. You need to mount /system as writable first. If you don't know what I'm talking about, ask and we'll help.

Reactions: uncreativename
Upvote 0
Aaaarrrrgg... I was so hopeful about 4-5 calls and the sensor w,orked perfectly then it started acting up again. I'm back to be black screen during calls. This is simply for error reporting if it never gets fixed I'll still rock this rom

I will spend some time on this today and see what I can come up with. I just tested it myself this morning and sure enough it still is having problems :eek:.

Upvote 0
This also is an error reporting:

The audible selection sound goes mute sometimes. I have to reboot or deselect and re-select the check box in setting to bring the sound back. This issue started in Wyzor's final version and went away with your b0.1 release, but it came back again in b0.2.

I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks.

Upvote 0
This also is an error reporting:

The audible selection sound goes mute sometimes. I have to reboot or deselect and re-select the check box in setting to bring the sound back. This issue started in Wyzor's final version and went away with your b0.1 release, but it came back again in b0.2.

I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks.

Can you give me more info? I am not having any problems with sound at all. Let me know.

Upvote 0
I don't know what more to say other than it just goes mute. Is there any specific info you need to know? I'm pretty much ignorant about programming.

What I am looking for is what your doing at the time that the sound kicks out. Are you listening to music, or a video? When you loaded r0.2 did you do a full wipe and reload or load on top of r0.1? Let me know

Upvote 0
What I am looking for is what your doing at the time that the sound kicks out. Are you listening to music, or a video? When you loaded r0.2 did you do a full wipe and reload or load on top of r0.1? Let me know

This issue first appeared while I was playing racing live game on Whyzor's final version. Somehow, it never occurred on your r0.1. I uninstalled the game on r0.2, and this time it occurred out of the blue. I wasn't multi-taking, just opening a random app to see what's new. I don't know if this info helps: I'm using go launcher EX.

I haven't done full wipe since tickerguy's final release.
I'll try full wipe and report back if it occurs again. Thanks

Upvote 0
I did full wipe and install b0.2, it still does it.

What I did before it happen was playing dual n back and exit out, that's it.
Speakers work just fine; it just won't make audible sound when selecting an app.

Oh, I don't know if this helps: I turned sound off in the game setting. Not the phone setting.

Upvote 0
I did full wipe and install b0.2, it still does it.

What I did before it happen was playing dual n back and exit out, that's it.
Speakers work just fine; it just won't make audible sound when selecting an app.

Oh, I don't know if this helps: I turned sound off in the game setting. Not the phone setting.

Did you restore anything using some backup app? Also did you wipe dalvik cache and cache?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones