ROM for SG3

1. monica12

monica12 Well-Known Member

I just got the SG3 and I'm looking for a new ROM , IDK which is the best please help I want Jelly bean D:

Advertisement
    :
  2. confed

confed Well-Known Member

All have their good points. Try em all, keep backups and switch between them!
  3. monica12

Do you have a link for Jelly Bean? :eek:
  4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

All the ROMs here are jellybean. Go into the root guide & it will provide you with the links
  5. monica12

When I try to reboot into recovery with TWRP it freezes and says this app has closed or w/e and just closes any ideas? Even when I try with ROM Manager it says ROM Manager is not responding , would you like to close it?
  6. jtw1216

OK, first off, are you even rooted? It sounds like you're not
  7. monica12

I figured it out, I had to allow on Superuser or w.e .. but in recovery mode i dont see how to flash the .zip file ..
  8. jtw1216

If you're using twrp, which I recommend, use the "install" button. Then go to where you have the rom zip located. Also twrp will cancel out rom mgr. So you have to decide which one to use
  9. monica12

I did flash rom in GooManager and then I clicked the rom, flashed and now im in recovery mode and idk what to do
  10. jtw1216

ok hit the small back arrow till you get to home. wipe dalvik & cache. then hit reboot then system.
  11. monica12

In GooManager i hit " flash roms" then i select the rom i want and then i hit wipe all and rest and then it reboots and takes me to recovery and in there i cant do anything, as if i dont have any sd or anything then i just reboot and nothing happened i still have my current rom and everythingg
  12. jtw1216

NO don't wipe all. only the dalvik & cache after you flash the rom. if you use wipe all it erases the rom you just flashed in. so now you have to reflash the rom.
    but before you reflash it, which rom did you flash?
  13. monica12

Stock I just rooted it as I just got the phone today. Even when I only hit wipe dalvik & cache still nothing happens .. it takes me to recovery and these are the options it gives me

Reboot System now
    Apple update from external storage
    wipe data factory reset
    wipe cache parition
    apple update from cache
  14. jtw1216

ok. I'm assuming you didn't make a backup of your stock rom. this is still salvageable. do you have an sd card reader you can use to dl a rom from your pc
  15. monica12

But my rom still works ... I can turn my phone on and everything works perfectly normal.
  16. jtw1216

lol uuuhhhmm ok so what's the problem? you stuck in recovery?
  17. monica12

it wont let me flash this ROM that i want ._.
  18. jtw1216

OK what's the rom?
  19. monica12

King Kang
  20. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

its because you never flashed recovery. you cant flash a rom without having custom recovery
    n4zty likes this.
  21. jtw1216

aahhh yeah thanks shabby. I thought she already did that. ok open up goomanager. hit the menu button & hit the install open recovery script
  22. monica12

I did it and same thing..
  23. jtw1216

ok then try downloading the zip from the all root section
  24. monica12

Which ROM do you prefer if I may ask
  25. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

I recommend you give all roms a try it's just a matter of what you like :D