• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ForgottenKingdom

Hey guys. Running on a sprint phone using Kingdom xfuziionzz 4.3.2, PRI version 2.97_003, baseband 20.34w.30.0815u_1.11.00.1228, build 1.11.653.0 CL367367264

Want to give this rom a test run, but having read both posts, I wanted to ask if there was anything I needed or should do (besides backing up) before making the jump? Or anything worth knowing? So far this looks like a natural extension of said ROM, smooth-ish, but I'm erring on the side of caution. Thanks in advanced!

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Running on a sprint phone using Kingdom xfuziionzz 4.3.2, PRI version 2.97_003, baseband 20.34w.30.0815u_1.11.00.1228, build 1.11.653.0 CL367367264

Want to give this rom a test run, but having read both posts, I wanted to ask if there was anything I needed or should do (besides backing up) before making the jump? Or anything worth knowing? So far this looks like a natural extension of said ROM, smooth-ish, but I'm erring on the side of caution. Thanks in advanced!

everything should work fine, you can choose what you dont want at installation

fusion rom is very bloated still, only removed around half...

if you want a very minimal rom try blue kingdom, but it doesn't have sense

Upvote 0
I like sense oddly enough, so I guess I'll stick with this. Speaking of, I have Kingdom CWM 5.0.2.8. Safe to use for this rom?

Also, did you carry over the power button menu options from fusion (giving you the options to reboot in say recovery?) Don't suppose there are any screen shots. Sorry for the barrage of questions jssa28! Just can't seem to find much documentation on your rom outside of this post!

Upvote 0
I like sense oddly enough, so I guess I'll stick with this. Speaking of, I have Kingdom CWM 5.0.2.8. Safe to use for this rom?

Also, did you carry over the power button menu options from fusion (giving you the options to reboot in say recovery?) Don't suppose there are any screen shots. Sorry for the barrage of questions jssa28! Just can't seem to find much documentation on your rom outside of this post!

that cwm will work and yes power options exist :D

Upvote 0
After a few days of use....there have been a number of issues once the rom was loaded up. I've noticed prolonged loading times on apps, lagging where it shouldn't lag (memory stalling up on normal usage and won't fix itself unless I kill all apps), apps freezing at random.

I mean I got the battery going just fine, but it's just being twitchy and hard to use as a daily driver when I'm spending more time noticing the glitches than the experience.

Upvote 0
After a few days of use....there have been a number of issues once the rom was loaded up. I've noticed prolonged loading times on apps, lagging where it shouldn't lag (memory stalling up on normal usage and won't fix itself unless I kill all apps), apps freezing at random.

I mean I got the battery going just fine, but it's just being twitchy and hard to use as a daily driver when I'm spending more time noticing the glitches than the experience.

did you full wipe? did you try and restore apps after wipe? no one has complained about these issues before, I personally ran this for 2 months straight and never experienced the above

Upvote 0
Yes. wiped dalek, system cache, factory reset/wipe. Installed the rom. I mean I can give it another go by wiping and installing again, see how that runs. It's just rather odd having these issues given that I was going through posts and yeah, I seem to be that unique 1% lol. whoo. Anything else you recommend I do before trying this out?

Oh and It seems like the rom got stuck with the battery earlier at 65% charging much of the day until just now when I restarted and we are up to 88% after restart. So this is rather strange!

Upvote 0
Gave this another go. Phone still remained buggy. Battery not charging right, stalling apps, momentary freezes. And then at some point, I got the couldn't parse after trying to install any and all apks. Hell, Play wouldn't even recognize my phone. Reverted back to fusion backup and that has fixed all my problems. Well, I was really excited to play with this rom given the changes, the smoother scrolling, faster SD transfers...but it's just not a daily driver. Sigh. Well thank you for the work Jess!

Upvote 0
Hey guys! LOVE the ROM--been rocking it for a month now.

An issue I just bumped into recently though: I can't install some large apps because it says I'm out of space. I have examined my partitions via adb and via several partition apps and they total 2GB. The HTC Evo Design 4G should have 4GB space.
Where did it go? Does this ROM do anything to storage partitions when it is installed? (If it matters, I did flash the ROM repeatedly and do several factory resets while figuring out which apps I needed installed).

Thanks for the ROM. Great work!

Upvote 0
I dont know if anyone still reads this but everything went great with this rom until i installed an updated version of titanium backup. now it wont stop trying to update through play store. i checked the box for the rom to install it during the cwm install so i'm not sure why it won't work. now it wont even let me install the old version. i've tried every way including manually removing and reinstalling in system/app

Edit: fixed by clearing dalvik again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones