[ROM] Froyo FRF91 SS v4.4 [7/9/2010] From SOURCE - All 4.3 Issues Fixed - Maps/Market, ALL!

Last Updated:

1. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Well-Known Member Developer This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    johnlgalt, AJ7187, sbursik and 2 others like this.
  2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

3. RaFF_MyZZteR

RaFF_MyZZteR Active Member

I'm tasting a little bugless coming on this soon :p

AJ7187 likes this.
  4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Hmm...I can't get a Quadrant score above 1370, but the ROM is still a smooth as any other. Not too shabby.

5. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

w00t w00t for Chevy's ROMs!

6. ronaldramsayii

I got into the 1400s with the ULV 1Ghz kernel. This ROM is pretty nice...Still I'm not sure, Succulent Desire seems so much more nicer right now lol

UPDATE: I clocked 1500s with JDLFG 1050 Kernel

7. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

FRF91???

Okay, I'm losing track of all this Froyo releases.

8. ronaldramsayii

Tell me about it....

9. tenpin477

tenpin477 Member

Im having some trouble changing the kernel on this rom. Its been running smooth as can be and its excellent with your LV 1 GHZ kernel, however whenever I try to change the kernel through rom manager I experience problems. It downloads the kernel perfectly fine, reboots, the motorola M comes up, and then it reboots again and loads up like normal, but without my new kernel. Im wondering if Im going to run into the same issues when I want to run a different rom, anybody know what could be causing this?

Excellent job Chevy, this has been my only issue so far

10. ronaldramsayii

What kernel are you trying to switch to? Have you tried installing it manually through recovery?

11. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Are you sure it's going into recovery to flash the kernel. It sounds to me that you have a recovery issue. I've had this happen to me a couple of times. If you are having recovery issues go into Rom manager and flash spr and then flash back to Clockwork.

12. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

This was by far the easiest ROM I have ever switched to using his bkapps/rstapps procedure. I was up and running in less than 15 minutes switching to this ROM. And I was coming from BB V0.4.

13. ronaldramsayii

This ROM is the best to date for my phone. I'm back and forth between Chevy's and JDLFG kernels. I've also managed to get Woodyman's theme for Succulent Desire to work on this ROM as well. What can i say i really liked the theme.

14. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Installed on 2 Droids and so far so good. I really like the backup and restore scripts. I ROM'd my girlfriends phone while we sat eating lunch. SO easy!

15. tenpin477

tenpin477 Member

Problem solved, thanks

16. ronaldramsayii

This is my average Quadrant score with this ROM on JDLFG 1050Mhz kernel. I did clock in 1500s a few times, but not consistently....

[​IMG]

17. Maniaryan

Maniaryan Active Member

flashing now!
    gonna try out jakes 1.2 kernal but SS 4.3 was LIGHTNING fast so i can't wait

18. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

been runnoing all day on my phone with chevys 1.25ulv kernel. have set cpu at 1.1 and its hasnt had a hiccup yet.

19. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

Tried this ROM and I couldn't keep it. Sorry guys! Boot times were just soooo slow compared to what I got used to with the latest Kangerade. I mean, my phone would come all the way up and I would see loading widgets.

20. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

For whomever asked, FRF91 is the Incredible release of Gapps.

21. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Did you do a full wipe (as recommended by Chevy) before installing? Also, know that even though it has a 1 GHz kernel included, it's default clock is 600 MHz at boot until you change it in SetCPU. After I changed it, boot speed was as fast as any other ROM I've used.

This was too easy to set up after a full wipe with his bkapps/rstapps scrips. Much easier/faster than using Titanium Backup. I updated to fix the in-call proximity sensor issue and in hopes of helping battery life from NexBeast FRF57 (wasn't too bad but not nearly as good as I got with 2.1 - usage/apps didn't change).

I'm not too keen on the theme though. It's better than stock, but the blue is harder to see up top. Anyone got a link to some themes I can just install via CW recovery?

22. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

Naw, I didn't do a full wipe... and it did occur to me that that may have been the cause for the slowdown. If you had over to droidforums, you can find a stock-themed 4.4.

23. ronaldramsayii

I didn't do a full wipe either. I didn't go thru the slowdown because I had flashed the 1 Ghz ULV by Chevy right after I installed the ROM. Also I managed to move a few things around within the framework, by doing that I'm able to use Woodyman's theme, with the honeycomb black. I'm loving this theme. I also took some from Kangerade's Droid X theme, basically the icons.

24. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

Went ahead and did a full wipe and installed it along with his LV 1.25 kernel. I ended up installing P3's LV 1.25 because I get better performance out of it. This, in fact, outdid my Quadrant scores with Kangerade, but booting was still kinda too slow for me. And my wifi would act all wonky if I had it enabled and did a reboot; I would have to disable/reenable to get my connection back. Gonna back up this rom, and restore my Kangerade for the time being.

25. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Actually digging this ROM. I usually haven't found Chevy's ROMs to be as fast as BB in the past but this one is really good so far. Everything's very responsive and I'm enjoying having Blue Energy theme back :)