• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Fusion 2.0 RC1 Droid2 - Generic Android + Blur - AOSP Like - Fission ROM Manager

Fusion is Fission with some BLUR apps included and enough of the MOTO Framework to allow those BLUR apps to be integrated with the vanilla android framework. I ran it for a couple days, liked it a lot. I just got to take the time to find any bugs. I know initially GPS was a little wonky on Fission, but maybe all the fixes in Fission made it onto Fusion so far.

Upvote 0
For those of you who partake in ROM'ing your Droid 2's: Team Defuse has released Fusion 2.0 RC1 DroidX. Fusion is a ROM based on Generic Android plus some Moto Apps. This ROM is very mich like Fission ROM but with Moto (Blur) apps. This ROM is Fission ROM with the Moto Dialer and the ability to add any Moto App from OEM ROM.

Edit: Link for Droid2 Below.

Features:
Vanilla ROM with generic Android feel with Moto Apps.
Generic Android Sliders and lots of the framework is Generic Android.
Reboot in Power Menu.
Custom Framework - 10% battery increments with display percent number & without.
Overclock ready out of box.
Lots of free memory.
ROM has root and has been deodexed, and zip alligned.
Busybox installed and symlinks have been applied.
Clean base for you to customize how you like.
And many more...

Anyone that's installed this ROM is welcome to share their feedback and experience with the rest of the members on the board. As always credit goes to the developers for all their hard work. If anyone finds anything major I do encourage you to share this information with the developers so that improvements or corrections can be made in further releases.

Upvote 0
Holy crap, I have had fusion since the 13th. You guys have to cruise xda and droidforums to get these updates on here quicker :D

Are you running it now? How's your battery life??

ps: I know this thread was days after the launch but I figured it'd be nice to have a 1 stop shop for this particular ROM so we all could share experiences.

Upvote 0
Battery life is good. Liberty was better on battery though, but I was getting some sweet launcher lag and I really did miss some blur.
I couldn't tell you exactly, but I want to say with moderate phone, text, and sync with gmail useage, I get about 18 hours or so @1.35LV.

I am getting some black flicker and refresh on the Nav while traveling now though, so...? I had that issue with a couple D1 ROMs, but there was no fix.

The contact pics don't show up when receiving or making a call too. I think it has to do with the blur dialer and absence of blur contacts - and they are being kinda slow on getting us the blur contacts.

Otherwise I like it.

Upvote 0
I've been running 2.6.1 for a while. No problems Got to get the rom manager to get it (donate) was my first rom to try..I like it easy for a newbie like me
Z4 root click ...rooted
Fission rom manager ..click click new rom used 2.0 RC1 (release candidate 1) then 2.5.7 I like 2.61 better ...the rom manager makes it easy
too easy..(your mileage may vary):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones