• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][GB 2.3.6]HalfAssRom 2.1 - Stock on EXT4!

Quick question, (and btw I only know enough about rooting what I needed to learn to root) I rooted my wifes prevail and used this rom because she can't understand or appreciate the other roms and only needed the expanded internal memory..but recently with this rom (and i've tried a few others until recently) she's getting system update prompts, did I do something wrong so that i'm getting these, or can you point me in the right direction to get rid of them? I don't mind some reading, just getting lost in threads. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Quick question, (and btw I only know enough about rooting what I needed to learn to root) I rooted my wifes prevail and used this rom because she can't understand or appreciate the other roms and only needed the expanded internal memory..but recently with this rom (and i've tried a few others until recently) she's getting system update prompts, did I do something wrong so that i'm getting these, or can you point me in the right direction to get rid of them? I don't mind some reading, just getting lost in threads. Thanks :)

2.0 is based on FE16 and reports as such.
the latest stock build is FF19, so she will get update notifications.

you can edit the build.prop to change the version number to avoid the update, or you can disable checking with some apps available in the play store.

or, just hold out for a little longer. I'm probably going to roll out a 2.1 this week

Upvote 0
my phone doesn't bother me with update reminders now, but now I can't use YouTube either, it says my phone is incompatible, i tried using the browser to access YouTube but it says there is an error.....

On ctmod I had to add proxy init.d script b4 it worked
Forget what it called but I believe in ##3242# u can

And app should work. Do for me on ctmod now. Got flash 11.whatever also but I'm pretty sure that don't affect app

Upvote 0
He disabled downloads

No big deal. I had a CWM copy of Kouma HAR 2.0

That was good enough for what I needed.

I heard that Boost had a new PRL 61009. I have been running 61008 with CM7.

I used Half Ass ROM to update the PRL. It did it.

Anybody have any problems with this new PRL? I just did it so too soon to tell.

I did my usual benchmark. I ran some YouTube videos using a Browser, Boat in this case.

The results were impressive, the buffering was far ahead of the play. This could just be a fluke since this is after 3AM but so far so good.

Upvote 0
Hello!

I am a new user, this is my first post, and I want to use it to give hearty thanks to Koumajutsu for KoumaKernel 2.5 and HalfAssROM 2.1, as well as everyone else posting in this thread and in the KK and Virtual Memory threads.

With a little reading and surprisingly few missteps, I am now running HAR 2.1 in SSM w/ a swap partition and this POS Prevail has never been this stable or speedy.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones