• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][GPL][STABLE] aospMod v0.9.9.2 | AOSP 2.2.1 (Froyo) [12/10/2010]

Wipe your battery stats, then charge fully, let let drain tom the end, then fully charge again, if no change repeat the process a second time

Charge to Full 100% (Do not unplug:eek:)
Boot to recovery and wipe battery stats
Reboot phone
Unplug phone from charger;)
Drain phone completely 0%:(
Plug phone into charger and charge back to 100%:D

Upvote 0
playing into the wee hours of the morning last night, I made a revelation! screw sdmove (and all the other one trick ponies in market similar to) and froyo's native applications manager. titanium backup can move virtually ANYTHING to SD; was moving a bunch of apps last nite (GV, Handcent, etc.) that refused to move to SD in the other aforementioned apps. Works like a charm!

On another note, do any of you get battery life off of either SetCPU or Colin battery mod w/ this latest and greatest AOSP ROM versus just leaving it at default?

I'm sucking down a lot of battery and reigning in my widgets; I don't use wireless data in maps, etc. but am still losing a lot. course, I need to do a recalibrate, but any significant changes would be help so pls. advise!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

I would recalibrate battery first before doing something drastic, imo;)

Then, if your still having battery issues, go from there

Upvote 0
Ok, so aosp only leaves me with about 32 mb free in phone storage. Cm6 I had 50 free mb. All that can be moved to sd are, what is going on? Suggestions, please....

I thought this ROM was little.....:eek:

That's the only drawback, imo;) I'm usually around 100 with CM6 but with aospMod, I'm around 70. I guess that's why most are doing firerats

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0
Wipe your battery stats, then charge fully, let let drain tom the end, then fully charge again, if no change repeat the process a second time
Yeah, I usually do that regularly, but doesn't appear to be having the same effect as in past roms. Was wondering if there's any merit to colin's battery tweak, more optimized setCPU profiles, or the like.

I usually sit around 24 hours with a charge....with medium use.
Do the Battery Dance above - But also - next full charge - tutn off and let the phone sit on charge for another 2 hours+++ reboot and you should see better results.

That's a bit different with the 2 hours. I'll try that voodoo and report results

Charge to Full 100% (Do not unplug:eek:)
Boot to recovery and wipe battery stats
Reboot phone
Unplug phone from charger;)
Drain phone completely 0%:(
Plug phone into charger and charge back to 100%:D
There's the (what I associate as) alternate way. I have read it a gazillion times but always forget! I'll try wipe states full as opposed to completely empty and see where that gets me as well.

Best charge I had was 36 (and change) hours once w/ light to light medium usage on Fresh v2.1.2. Now I've come to expect 24hrs and get riled when it's not achieved. Bought a 2nd obostore 2000mAh battery as well but haven't used it much since the dual charger cradle i received from HK was hosed.. Wonder though... if you calibrate to one battery, you will always be off on the next no? Would be nice to carry two sets of battery stats, switchable maybe? :cool::p

Upvote 0
That's the only drawback, imo;) I'm usually around 100 with CM6 but with aospMod, I'm around 70. I guess that's why most are doing firerats
an ODEXed version/not themable would be awesome, like NFX; had the most storage in that rom in my experiences.

Have you guys tried using Titanium Backup to move stuff to SD. It's a bit better I think at moving apps that are usually greyed out. Remnants stay in internal memory though, just like WinMo 5/6

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
an ODEXed version/not themable would be awesome, like NFX; had the most storage in that rom in my experiences.

Have you guys tried using Titanium Backup to move stuff to SD. It's a bit better I think at moving apps that are usually greyed out. Remnants stay in internal memory though, just like WinMo 5/6

I saw you posted that, I will look into it more, thanks:)

Upvote 0
Thought I would give this ROM a try but when I downloaded the file from the MediaFire site, Norton informed me of a high level threat: "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 2." So no thanks. I don't need some attack on my computer just to try a ROM. Everyone should beware and run a full system scan if you have downloaded this file from OP's link.

Upvote 0
As mentioned nothing wrong with this file, remember it is a file for rooted phones, so there will be a security issue with all such files, rooted phone opens vulnerability, period.

Thought I would give this ROM a try but when I downloaded the file from the MediaFire site, Norton informed me of a high level threat: "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 2." So no thanks. I don't need some attack on my computer just to try a ROM. Everyone should beware and run a full system scan if you have downloaded this file from OP's link.

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
+1 Norton Stock price per share; continually proving it's value, one psuedo-threat at a time. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones