• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] Hades 1.0 (Public Beta) [ROM] {12.13.12}

hadesdefault.jpg

Hades (the "unseen") the god of the underworld, was a son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea and the brother of Zeus.

Download Hades_Public_Beta_v1.0

APP LIST

Added:
Battery Widget - shows battery percentage and/or temp on home screen
SuperSU
Hackers Keyboard WAAAAAY better than Android stock imo
Barnacle Wifi Tether

Replaced:
Opera Mini 7.5 (Replaced Browser)
Camera ICS (Replaced Camera)
GO Contacts (Replaced Contacts)
Custom ICS Search Widget - can change colors
GO Weather EX (Replaced GenieWidget) - better look
ADW.Launcher (Replaced Launcher2) - use with 'Tha Scanline (ADW Theme)' theme
DoubleTwist Player (Replaced Music)
ES File Explorer File Manager (Replaced MyFiles) - great File Manager
Simple Digital Clock Widget (Replaced DigitalClock)
QuickPic (Replaced Gallery3D, Gallery)

Removed:
BooksPhone
DigitalClock
EasyInstaller
Email
Gmail
JrdPowerSaver
LiveWallpapersPicker
MagicSmokeWallpapers
Maps
MemoMobileID
OfficeSuite_Full
PicoTts
SetupWizard
Talk
TouchPal
WorldClock
Youtube

OTHER STUFF
41 notifications
69 ringtones
17 alarms
*[127 total]*
custom status/notification bar
custom bootanimation
custom poweroffanimation
custom bootsound
custom font

RECOMMENDED APPS
Set Orientation - set to Landscape (Reverse)
Display Orientator - Used to set apps to portrait or landscape if they don't work properly in Landscape (Reverse), I found Hackers Keyboard works better (for me) that way

SCREENSHOTS

Portrait3.png
Portrait2.png

Landscape3.png
Landscape2.png

*Screen shots are not stock install, I have modified mine slightly but I will put up regular screens when I have time

Special thanks to: Leslie Ann for all her work towards this. W/o her this wouldn't be possible & Dracable for all the hard work hes put into this :D

thanks, elpresidente. this is both jeni and i's first public release, so anybody noticing any bugs, please let us know. i would like to knock all of the bugs out of jeni's rom if there are any found, but i think i have a pretty solid beta here. i have a rom coming out in a while as well, so keep your eyes peeled for my work in the future! im trying to find workarounds for some bugs ive noticed in the Venture's programming, so my own rom might b a little ways off. but, as soon as my beta is released, it should b pretty epic for the Venture! :) so, keep your eyes peeled for my rom, "DRAndroid". now, everyone enjoy Hades v1.0!

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
kk. ill do my best at trying to draw it out for u brotha. and jeni, u should upload ur custom adw launcher settings files so people can customize theirs like urs if they so desire. also, in the thread, jeni suggests a certain theme download for adw. im not sure if this changes the styles to the screens he posted or not, but if it does, i will package the theme in the final release.

Upvote 0
can you tell me what you changed from stock install?
I changed the launcher from ADW to ADWEX (paid version) & the music player I use is now a trial but w/the apk I have if u dont upgrade it it doesnt switch to trial version (I use pixi music player) other than that I think thats it

Upvote 0
Jeni, u should upload ur custom adw launcher settings files so people can customize theirs like urs if they so desire. also, in the thread, jeni suggests a certain theme download for adw. im not sure if this changes the styles to the screens he posted or not, but if it does, i will package the theme in the final release.

How about I just upload the backup from CWMr?

Itll have ADWEX if thats not a problem...

This way itll look EXACTLY like the images Ive posted. The theme I use DOES change the look of things, thats where I got the icons but Id def say to put the theme with the rom if u want it to look like mine I could also upload the launcher setting like Drac suggests but ud need the theme or those settings wont do much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones