1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

[ROM] Hades 1.0 (Public Beta) [ROM] {12.13.12}

1. Jeni_James

Jeni_James Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hades (the "unseen") the god of the underworld, was a son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea and the brother of Zeus.

Download Hades_Public_Beta_v1.0

APP LIST

Added:
    Battery Widget - shows battery percentage and/or temp on home screen
    SuperSU
    Hackers Keyboard WAAAAAY better than Android stock imo
    Barnacle Wifi Tether

Replaced:
    Opera Mini 7.5 (Replaced Browser)
    Camera ICS (Replaced Camera)
    GO Contacts (Replaced Contacts)
    Custom ICS Search Widget - can change colors
    GO Weather EX (Replaced GenieWidget) - better look
    ADW.Launcher (Replaced Launcher2) - use with 'Tha Scanline (ADW Theme)' theme
    DoubleTwist Player (Replaced Music)
    ES File Explorer File Manager (Replaced MyFiles) - great File Manager
    Simple Digital Clock Widget (Replaced DigitalClock)
    QuickPic (Replaced Gallery3D, Gallery)

Removed:
    BooksPhone
    DigitalClock
    EasyInstaller
    Email
    Gmail
    JrdPowerSaver
    LiveWallpapersPicker
    MagicSmokeWallpapers
    Maps
    MemoMobileID
    OfficeSuite_Full
    PicoTts
    SetupWizard
    Talk
    TouchPal
    WorldClock
    Youtube

OTHER STUFF
    41 notifications
    69 ringtones
    17 alarms
    *[127 total]*
    custom status/notification bar
    custom bootanimation
    custom poweroffanimation
    custom bootsound
    custom font

RECOMMENDED APPS
    Set Orientation - set to Landscape (Reverse)
    Display Orientator - Used to set apps to portrait or landscape if they don't work properly in Landscape (Reverse), I found Hackers Keyboard works better (for me) that way

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    *Screen shots are not stock install, I have modified mine slightly but I will put up regular screens when I have time

Special thanks to: Leslie Ann for all her work towards this. W/o her this wouldn't be possible & Dracable for all the hard work hes put into this :D

Advertisement
    Curtis1973 and El Presidente like this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Looks good, certainly very unique. :)
  3. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

thanks, elpresidente. this is both jeni and i's first public release, so anybody noticing any bugs, please let us know. i would like to knock all of the bugs out of jeni's rom if there are any found, but i think i have a pretty solid beta here. i have a rom coming out in a while as well, so keep your eyes peeled for my work in the future! im trying to find workarounds for some bugs ive noticed in the Venture's programming, so my own rom might b a little ways off. but, as soon as my beta is released, it should b pretty epic for the Venture! :) so, keep your eyes peeled for my rom, "DRAndroid". now, everyone enjoy Hades v1.0!
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. Jeni_James

So far Ive noticed no noticeable bugs

Also, I added the link to dl
  5. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

is it smooth?

eh, i guess i could full nandroid and come back if i want
  6. sunsuke

sunsuke Well-Known Member

It's good so far. But you might wanna find a font that supports the "-" sign
    in calculator the - doesn't show up but a []
    Everything else works good :) keep up the work
  7. Dracable

thanks for the input! jenijames was really partial to the font, so ill try to find one similar or maybe try to draw out new characters to complete the current font. thanks!
  8. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

lord, please draw it out. omg, i love the font in the ss. im doing a full back up and flashing this asap

*Screen shots are not stock install, I have modified mine slightly but I will put up regular screens when I have time* can you tell me what you changed from stock install?
  9. Dracable

kk. ill do my best at trying to draw it out for u brotha. and jeni, u should upload ur custom adw launcher settings files so people can customize theirs like urs if they so desire. also, in the thread, jeni suggests a certain theme download for adw. im not sure if this changes the styles to the screens he posted or not, but if it does, i will package the theme in the final release.
  10. Dracable

by the way, all u that have had trouble in the past with getting screenshot apps to work in the past on the venture, try again. i have successfully used screenshotUX on this rom. ill post stock Hades screens later if varen doesnt beat me to it. by all means varen, post em if u can. im stuck at work for a bit.
  11. Jeni_James

I hope you guys like it, first try!

Also I used Tha Scanline ADW theme & I really like how it looks with the colors
  12. Jeni_James

I changed the launcher from ADW to ADWEX (paid version) & the music player I use is now a trial but w/the apk I have if u dont upgrade it it doesnt switch to trial version (I use pixi music player) other than that I think thats it
  13. Jeni_James

How about I just upload the backup from CWMr?

Itll have ADWEX if thats not a problem...

This way itll look EXACTLY like the images Ive posted. The theme I use DOES change the look of things, thats where I got the icons but Id def say to put the theme with the rom if u want it to look like mine I could also upload the launcher setting like Drac suggests but ud need the theme or those settings wont do much
  14. Dracable

yeah, the cwm backup is not ok to upload, and if users want adwex, they would need to procure it themselves. otherwise, u are facing copyright issues. screenshots of the rom in stock condition need to be uploaded.
  15. Jeni_James

I cant do that cuz then I'd have to re do mine so Im gonna ask if u or someone else who has flashed it can do that... please?
  16. spen1995

spen1995 Well-Known Member

This rom I great, how did you modify the settings menu.
  17. Jeni_James

You'd have to talk to Drac about that one... Idk

Have u noticed any problems with anything in this rom?
  18. spen1995

spen1995 Well-Known Member

No not yet
  19. Jeni_James

For the theme of the Go Contacts & GO SMS Pro 2match the rest get 'Green fusion' (Go Contacts & Go SMS Pro theme, you'll be glad u did! :)
  20. Dracable

Stock Hades Screens:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    varenHjames likes this.
  21. Jeni_James

22. Dracable

note: there will be a theme bundled with the final release.
  23. Jeni_James

Hooooooraaaaay!
  24. Jeni_James

I figured something out... The '-' in the calculator doesn't work but the '-' works in regular texting and other things. For some reason it only doesn't work in the calculator
  25. Dracable

im still going to try and find a workaround for this. possibly just a different calc app might work?