[ROM] Hades 1.0 (Public Beta) [ROM] {12.13.12}

1. Jeni_James

Jeni_James Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a suitable one anybody?
  2. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

any calc app with basic functions should b fine
  3. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

i noticed something, im not sure why as i have never had this problem before. but there are times where my "a" key doesn't work on my physical keypad. it goes all wonkey and does weird highlighting of all the text im writing. also want to point out, this just happens in "go sms" like, i can use google search or anything else and the "a" works just fine. i have tried everything to resolve this. disableing the keyboards 1 or both. also tried clearing cache and data in go sms. the only way i have found out how to resolve the problem is rebooting the phone.
    it usually happens when i fumble the keypad a bit and press a couple buttons at once. then it sticks with the wonky job and the a not working at all. it registers the button press, just does weirdness like highlights the entire text so far.....
    im completely at a loss here. i may be able to give a screen shot, tho i dont know what it would show, other then actually going cam2cam and showing you. PLUS, its erratic and doesnt do it on command.
    Dracable likes this.
  4. Dracable

no worries. i already had plans to remove go sms anyway for the final release. imo, go sms isnt worth the 16 f*#@&$* mb that it takes up. im currently working on manually theming up the stock mms apk for the final release. thank u so much for the input varen! very much appreciated!
  5. varenHjames

awe, but i have grown to like go sms....im not really worried about the 16mb....again...link2sd for all the other crap, and keep that on the phone. *shrugs*
    pst...can you release an edition with go sms? but still have all the other fixes? that would be just swell

also, any idea how to get andy/skyvi working on this phone? it doesnt seem to want to work either of them? i know it worked when i had a stock rom....bastards!
  6. Dracable

yeah, ill make a special rom with go sms for u man, but u still might encounter the same probs. i cant guarantee either way. do u use any kind of aftermarket kb app that could interfere with the type (i.e. hackers kb, etc)? id suggest trying to look for an apk of an earlier version of go sms, and see if that helps with the prob. worth a shot! if not, maybe i could do a little research and try to find an app thats really similar to the layout of go sms for u. also, what is andy/skyvi? not familiar with them.
  7. Jeni_James

I know EXACTLY what u mean, Ive had said problem as well but NOT exclusive to this rom. First time I experienced it was on the stock rom BUT since switching to THIS rom I haven't used my physical keyboard - I have my phone locked in Landscape (Reverse) with the use of Set Orientation & Display Orientater. Try it, Set Orientation allows u to lock in that mode (like me) & Display Orientator lets u set whatever app in whatever orientation u want [some don't work in reversed landscape]
  8. Dracable

yeah, sounds like its prob some sort of software bug. this phone has a few "quirks" that ive come across in the software, but ive never experienced a problem like that on the venture yet. did u buy the phone new or used? was it having this issue from the day u got it, or did it just start happening?
  9. Jeni_James

It happened brand new, I can agree to that
    borytineo likes this.
  10. Dracable

and its ONLY with go sms, huh? u have never seen it happen on anything else?
  11. Jeni_James

Yes, NEVER on anything else. I had completely forgotten about that cuz, like I said I use mine exclusively in landscape (reverse) - whoops! :p

Im starting to think more & more that we just need a themed stock mms

I know how you feel varen, I really like GoSMS as well but the size imo is ridiculous BUT if you're like me & u wanna continue using the GO products Ive put in then I recommend using these themes for GO SMS & Contacts - to keep them with the theme of the rom :)

GO SMS - Green Fusion

GO Contacts - Green Fusion

*EDIT*
    New Wallpaper
    [​IMG]
  12. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

very very nice. this is very different.
  13. Jeni_James

Different good or different bad?
  14. Curtis1973

i think its different good. its something none of the others have and you guys made it using a bit of creativity. :)
  15. Curtis1973

hey using a font editor might resolve the [] issue with the dash symbol. then you could export the modified font with the symbol in place.
  16. Jeni_James

I found if you use RealCalc the issue w/the dash is solved. Idk y but the dash only doesnt show up in the stock calculator
  17. Dracable

ya, i was planning on doing that in the final release, just been so busy with my source code projects lately, havent had time to continue dev'ing on hades yet.. i plan on fixin it tho :)
  18. Jeni_James

Planning on releasing a NEW version of Hades soon... (2.0?)

Ill make some new wallpapers, possibly different ringtones/notifs as well (even tho there's already 30mb of ringtones/notifs in Hades) Who knows... I'm gonna do this one with all the apps I currently have on mine. I hope people like this one more than the original.

I was thinkin' MAYBE a different font (I know alot of ppl like the current but who knows)

Anyone else have any suggestions for changes?
  19. varenHjames

suggestion? make a copy of the 1.0 font? and a copy of the 2.0 tenitive font (if you change it) i know (myself included) people love the font that is on it already. but, id be will to give a new one a go, so long as id have an option to have the old one still...
  20. Jeni_James

I wanna keep the original. Ive fixed the issue with the "-" not showing up on the calculator, just get a different calculator. Ive been using RealCalc and experienced NO issues! There are a few other things Ive changed that I wanna put out in the final 2.0 build.

I've talked to Curtis about importing his "USB Connected" screen but with the Hades colors instead of the ICS theme. My hope for Hades is to EVENTUALLY get it on other phones but I think I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before that happens...

Before I release the 2.0 I gotta set all the apps up (Can't have paid apps on a public release cuz thats called pirating)

I'd also like to get some sort of Black themed Rom in the works - maybe Black and Red or Black & White, who knows?)
  21. Curtis1973

im probably not going to be able to get to it for the time being. ive got my hands full with two venture roms and one for the optimus elite. not sure how long that will take.
  22. Jeni_James

Whenever you have time
  23. xxXISwiTcHIXxx

xxXISwiTcHIXxx Well-Known Member

I have Hades 1.0 installed. I was going to do Harmonia but it kept saying there was an error with the zip file. I was wondering..if on the next version of Hades..could you make it to where we can change the color instead of just green and black?
  24. Jeni_James

Nope, the Hades colors are Green & Black. If you'd like a different color I suggest using a different rom... Not trying to b mean thats just how it is.

I hope you are finding Hades to b a pleasant experience (minus u obviously not liking the colors)
    xxXISwiTcHIXxx likes this.
  25. xxXISwiTcHIXxx

xxXISwiTcHIXxx Well-Known Member

i like the green and black. it seems to be running smoother also. thank you for creating it. let me know when you release the 2.0 version so i can upgrade..