• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Harmonia 3.17 17Nov12 (ICS\Sense 3.6)

I certainly wouldn't say that Harmonia isn't what I want. It was my second choice after OEM, which I wasn't sure I even needed to leave. On the Triumph, once I used the cm7 based ROMs there was no way I would consider the OEM ROM again.
On the 3VO the stock isn't all that bad, and most of the ROMs base off of it successfully. Perhaps that is just better hardware.

My preference is for stability, battery, and functionality. Mobsters ROM seemed to have a slight battery advantage.

I have started using Holo Launcher, since Go Launcher really is getting too bloated. I love the fact that Android provides me with all these options. I am sure that as the released kernel source is absorbed, and new kernel options appear, that battery life will improve.
Far from being bummed, I feel there are more good options than I have time to consider. And that they are all constantly improving.
Your goals overlap with mine sufficiently to keep me pretty happy with your work.

I actually feel like I have returned home. All my old data restored nicely.

After all the dust settled, the real changes have only been a move from Go to Holo Launcher, and a recovery change from TWRP2 to 4EXT. And I was able to get a clean Harmonia base.

Upvote 0
My preference is for stability, battery, and functionality. Mobsters ROM seemed to have a slight battery advantage.

I have started using Holo Launcher, since Go Launcher really is getting too bloated. I love the fact that Android provides me with all these options. I am sure that as the released kernel source is absorbed, and new kernel options appear, that battery life will improve.

The battery advantage probably has to do with widgets and the launcher since a lot of the base system is identical. If you aren't using Sense Weather, I would yank it and disable syncing of it. That might help bring Harmonia more inline with Mobsters in that aspect since his isn't using any of that.

I didn't mean it was a bummer you "have" to use Harmonia, just that you can't find exactly what you are after, but then you rarely get exactly what you want. And you are right, it's nice we have options and I'm glad you found something that works for you, Harmonia, or something else.

okay, after a few battery pulls my lag issue is totally gone. I did have one problem on a two hour roadtrip. A few times the navigation lady in google maps said "GPS signal lost" even though I was in an area with open sky and a full 3g signal. Any tips/advice?

If the President flies over, they disable GPS in that area. They can disable it for other reasons, it also could have been a fluke. 3g and GPS aren't related in any way. Just because one works, it has no bearing on the other.

Reactions: RedAnt
Upvote 0
The battery advantage probably has to do with widgets and the launcher since a lot of the base system is identical. If you aren't using Sense Weather, I would yank it and disable syncing of it. That might help bring Harmonia more inline with Mobsters in that aspect since his isn't using any of that.

I had noticed better battery using Go Launcher over Rosie. GO really is getting too much crap beyond being a launcher. I tried Holo and liked it. Just in case it was related to the battery life I have switched to it on Harmonia too.

Thanks for reminding me about the weather sync. I had disabled it in my prior Harmonia instance, but it was still running in my latest.

I am still monitoring applications, and trimming out the battery eaters. I normally find the culprit to be something that I added.

Upvote 0
How can I get 5 x 4 Rosie installed into this ROM? I've tried just about everything and nothing seems to work. Ideally I would also like to drop the font size a bit within Rosie.

Thanks
Find a rom with it, and copy rosie.apk onto a Harmonia rom and flash it or drop it into system/app on your phone.

Hi all! I just installed harmonia and from what I can tell so far, I really like it. I do miss having HTC's task widget though. Would anyone happen to have the apk for mytask.apk that they could send to me? I tried searching for the file to no avail. Thanks in advance!
Same as above, but you can pull it from JMZ's stock deodex'ed rom.

Upvote 0
Find a rom with it, and copy rosie.apk onto a Harmonia rom and flash it or drop it into system/app on your phone.

That was the VERY first thing I thought to do and no matter what the source I find for Rosie 5x4 it just doesn't seem to work.

I use ES Explorer to copy it from an extracted Rosie.APK sitting in SDCard into system/app. When I restart it's as if Rosie started up for the very first time with initial configuration, but still in 4 x 4 mode.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Leslie Ann, thanks for all you do on behalf of the community. This ROM is everything you say it is - stable, stable, stable.

I've flashed the Anthrax Kernel on top of your ROM and still find it to be incredibly stable.

I understand the interest in bleeding edge, but reliability is often given short shrift. As a developer myself (not of ROMs, but software in general), I understand how much work goes into making a system as bulletproof as possible.

Best Regards

Upvote 0
Same as above, but you can pull it from JMZ's stock deodex'ed rom.

Ok, so I extracted both "MyTasks.apk" and "com.htc.Task3DWidget.apk" from JMZ's stock deodex'ed rom as you suggested and placed them in the system/app folder (and set permissions to rw-r-r) and while I have the Tasks app, I don't seem to have the widget. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Upvote 0
What I can't understand is why that APK is twice as big as the 4x4 APK....
The 4x5 is mostly self contained, it doesn't use as much of the framework like the stock launcher does. This is also why Leedroid doesn't work with it.

Leslie Ann, thanks for all you do on behalf of the community. This ROM is everything you say it is - stable, stable, stable.

I've flashed the Anthrax Kernel on top of your ROM and still find it to be incredibly stable.
Thanks. :)
Sticking with as much stock as possible is why the other kernels all work without too much issue. It's also why it's so stable, it hasn't been hacked to death.

Ok, so I extracted both "MyTasks.apk" and "com.htc.Task3DWidget.apk" from JMZ's stock deodex'ed rom as you suggested and placed them in the system/app folder (and set permissions to rw-r-r) and while I have the Tasks app, I don't seem to have the widget. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Widgets are often a separate apk.
Also, everyone says to redo permissions, honestly, I never bother and haven't had an issue when coopying this stuff over.

Don't forget to wipe Dalvik and cache on reboot.

I cant quit you, I have cheated on you with other ROMS, but I keep coming back to you.. By far the most stable and lag free ROM that I have used.. I have been using this ROM for almost 4 months now, and just wanted to say thanks..
You and everyone else are quite welcome.

Upvote 0
Widgets are often a separate apk.
Also, everyone says to redo permissions, honestly, I never bother and haven't had an issue when coopying this stuff over.

Don't forget to wipe Dalvik and cache on reboot.

I thought the separate task widget was "com.htc.Task3DWidget.apk". Am I wrong about that? Do you or anyone else know what the Task widget would be? I've tried a number of times and I am able to get the tasks app, I just can't seem to get the widget to show up. I did the same thing for the FM Radio widget and that showed up on my widgets list and is working fine. I've wiped Dalvik and cache and still no luck. I'm just baffled why the tasks widget isn't working/showing up.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say thanks for another good ROM. My wife (and I was until I dropped my OV) is running Harmonia for the OV. I had my new EVO die after 2-3 months .. I tried Midnight, Z3DX(?), and Mobster (which I had on for a whole night before my phone died). I decided to flash what I knew would be *THE* default ROM - Harmonia. I wish I had from the start. Works great.. no problems, good battery life, and did I mention stable? Again why did I look anywhere else?

Upvote 0
The 4x5 is mostly self contained, it doesn't use as much of the framework like the stock launcher does. This is also why Leedroid doesn't work with it.

Does this mean that using the 4x5 Rosie in lieu of the stock Rosie puts a greater demand on the OS? If so, is it significant? I would imagine it would be RAM, if anything, but I'm not completely clear on whether it might just be the substitution of one set of bits being loaded into RAM instead of another set, rather than both sets of bits being loaded.

Thanks as always...

Upvote 0
Does this mean that using the 4x5 Rosie in lieu of the stock Rosie puts a greater demand on the OS? If so, is it significant? I would imagine it would be RAM, if anything, but I'm not completely clear on whether it might just be the substitution of one set of bits being loaded into RAM instead of another set, rather than both sets of bits being loaded.

Thanks as always...
I don't think the extra load is much, if any.

Upvote 0
Alright, got my brand new Evo! Ok, so I've rooted and unlocked the bootloader and put on TWRP. I am going flash Harmonia and was curious of a few things. First, I've gotten a few of those errors sending texts, are those patched with the Rom or do I need to flash a separate radio? Finally, does this allow for a lockscreen without the bubble lockscreen showing as well?

Upvote 0
Alright, got my brand new Evo! Ok, so I've rooted and unlocked the bootloader and put on TWRP. I am going flash Harmonia and was curious of a few things. First, I've gotten a few of those errors sending texts, are those patched with the Rom or do I need to flash a separate radio? Finally, does this allow for a lockscreen without the bubble lockscreen showing as well?

You still need the radio and PRI to fix radio issues, those are firmware. This is software.

The lockscreen supports everything stock does.

Upvote 0
Finally, does this allow for a lockscreen without the bubble lockscreen showing as well?

I have been looking for this too. CM7 on the Triumph had it. Go Locker can do it but I doubt that it is good enough at its protection role.

I am hopful that CM10 may eventually provide a locking option that doesn't require two unlock actions.

I think a decent lock screen option could be created for rooted devices, but I have never found one that fits in the correct spot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones