[ROM][ICS] Paranoid Android Ver1.6 Beta from source (31JUL2013)

Last Updated:

1. bidzer

bidzer Well-Known Member

Overall the ROM is running smooth. Loaded up nova launcher. The only thing I'm noticing is very, very slow data speeds. I'm averaging about 10kb throughout. I guess this could be the VM network but at this time of night I usually get much better speeds. Thanks a bunch for this. Really like tablet UI.

BSydz likes this.
  2. andr2d2

andr2d2 Well-Known Member

Good job.... Keep the updates coming:D:D:D
    BSydz likes this.
  3. rdoac

rdoac Well-Known Member

Been running this a few hours now. It seems about as robust as cm9. I like the extra screen realestate. At first I had lots of "unfortunately, paranoid android ota has stopped" but it seems to have settled down now. (Edit - just reread the top and it's expected)

Is there an app to save Trebuchet settings and icon placement?
    BSydz likes this.
  4. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

Bsydz, everything is working,(as far as data, wifi, camera(panoramic), flash, very good job. I think I will run this for a few days. Note: if anyone wants flash player install pre ics flash( mikeRL) player. It will not install from the market.
    BSydz likes this.
  5. bidzer

bidzer Well-Known Member

Day 2 and haven't run into any problems. 3G speed has improved since last night. If there's anything you want me to specifically test just let me know. I don't load a ton of apps on my phone but a fair amount. BTW, battery drain from what I can tell has been very minimal!!! This will be my daily for quite a while :)
    BSydz likes this.
  6. rileyper

rileyper Active Member

I love this build. I am looking forward to more progress on the camera.:D
    BSydz likes this.
  7. jjohn7293

jjohn7293 Well-Known Member

Remember the nay sayers? It may not be fully working yet, but it is doing more than ever! And actually capturing if you use panorama!

Eat that nay sayers!!!
    BSydz likes this.
  8. Tjohnson042110

Tjohnson042110 Active Member

Has anyone else had trouble with Gmail force closing?
  9. RolaAddict

RolaAddict Well-Known Member

Finally this ROM has been reborn
    BSydz likes this.
  10. BSydz

BSydz Well-Known Member Developer

If you change layouts and things start force closing go in to System Settings>Paranoid Settings>List of apps and find the app then change the Default DPI to Phone and hit apply.

Just updated the OP.
  11. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

Yes I just found this out because my beautiful widgets weather was not displaying correctly. I changed the app dpi and it displays correctly.
  12. rdoac

rdoac Well-Known Member

Any news on the headphones? How quick/easy would it be to throw in the headphone patch on the cm9 thread back into this? I use Google Play Music at work through headphones daily which is stopping me from using this ROM over CM9? Is it something that can be done by a layman?
  13. BSydz

I'll have a new build probably tonight, should fix the headset issue and a few other things. Kinda wanted to see if any other bugs showed up, before I posted a new build.
    rdoac likes this.
  14. bunanson

bunanson Well-Known Member

Yes. Menu>Settings>Accounts&Sync>enable google acct sync

That does it for me

BSydz likes this.
  15. chucksaysblah

chucksaysblah Well-Known Member

Bsydz you have done it again . Great job man. Everything seems to work fine. Except the soft keys don't light up.
    BSydz likes this.
  16. TheDarkside13

TheDarkside13 Well-Known Member

Very interested to try this...not sure how I would feel having a tablet UI on my phone, but hey worth a shot. Will try this weekend. Good work! Bright future for the Triumph!
    BSydz likes this.
  17. zajrik

zajrik Well-Known Member

Been using this rom for the last few days and definitely liking it. My battery life is brilliant compared to G60's CM9, though maybe I was just in need of a fresh install. Anyway, in addition to the lack of wired headset functionality, this is the only other thing I can find that's a problem/bothering me:

Photo Album - Imgur

In all three of those screenshots, you can see just above my status bar that there's a gap in what's meant to be a full screen darkening effect. This comes into play generally when there's some sort of pop up or a loading spinny-circle thing. I'm assuming this is a framework thing, but I'm not certain. I'm hoping this is something you could look into and fix maybe when you're done with fixing the wired headset. that gap in that dark overlay driving me nuts.

I'm likely going to have to switch back to CM9 with work shifts starting back up here soon. Gonna need to be able to listen to music on my way to work to justify that 10 dollars I spent on spotify premium, lol.
    bob-st and BSydz like this.
  18. SemeteryRocker

SemeteryRocker Well-Known Member

If I may, how did you get the 3 buttons on the bottom left?
  19. zajrik

zajrik Well-Known Member

In settings, go to system and check under navigation bar. I'm using it because of how unreliable the hardware control buttons tend to be.
    SemeteryRocker likes this.
  20. SemeteryRocker

SemeteryRocker Well-Known Member

Thanks, very much appreciated. That's why I wanted them too.
  21. Cyta

Cyta Well-Known Member

BSydz, dev beast!

New ROM time.....cant wait to install and check it out.

Thanks man....
    BSydz likes this.
  22. BSydz

Thanks for the feedback, I am looking in to this.
    Thanks for the feedback, headphones are fixed. I have searched high and low to find a solution to the background issue, it is only when the status bar is at the bottom. In case anybody is wondering it can be switched in paranoid settings. I can't find where to change the layout for the life of me, I have spent the last two days searching everywhere, and still nothing. I am gonna have to look into some theming threads for ICS, but most of them are for prebuilt ROMs. I have been pretty busy lately, and trying to work on like five different ROMs, so any leads would be appreciated. It has to be a system wide setting cause it does it in portrait and landscape.
    zajrik and bunanson like this.
  23. bunanson

thank you for another update, thank you for your work. I am already thrilled with the initial built - Jan6. If I set everything to phone, system UI, statusbar ... , it is ROCK stable. I still get the paranoidandroid OTA.... is that for upgrade, it should have nothing to do with your built, right?

Thank you again for your hard work, amaigo.

This is my current setup, I have yet to see even 1 FC.

Paranoid Settings: put everything to phone, reboot. Stable, but icons are too big.
    paranoid Settings: Statusbus style Tablet UI
    User default UI: Pone UI
    System default DPI: Stock DPI (Phone)
    User default DPI: Stock DPI (Phone)
    Framework-res DPI: leave it blank
    System UI DPI: Default DPI

Wifi tether works
    Google Maps/Navigator/Steet View, locked instantly
    Skype/Groove IP worked
    SSHDroid works
    Zipit works

Attached Files:

BSydz likes this.
  24. BSydz

OK, so after doing a bunch of research there are tons of phones with this issue. If you go into settings>display>brightness, and check auto brightness, they work. If you just move the slider a bit they turn on, if you do that, then let the phone go to sleep with the brightness menu still open, the buttons will stay lit, but if you push the power button to sleep they turn off. I have some ideas, I'll look into it further.
    Thank you. I took out the OTA app, I think it has been dicontinued as PA uses GOO manager now, the only issue that that causes is when you go to about phone and check for update the settings fc, but we have never been able to actually use that option, so ...

I need some people to test out dpi settings, so I can customize this a bit more, tablet mode seems to be a bit small and there seem to be some missing options. There should be 3 dpi settings phone (240), mid (160) and tablet (128), I can tweak these and also set defaults. I think 160 is awesome, 128 is hard to see even with the font set to huge, but I love the layout.

Any way let me know what you guys think.
  25. bunanson

Attached Files: