• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ICSense3.6] Senseless Kingdom.

Signed up just to say thanks, legmando -- I'm really glad you put this ROM together! I was using xxFuzionxx and while it was well done this phone is dog slow with Sense hogging up the RAM. Kudos to you, 2fast, cookie and everyone else who has contributed.

I have it working on Sprint, 4G and most things are working. Sending MMS isn't -- could it be the EPST settings like MMS URL/gateway? As I recall I had to set them up manually under xxFuzionxx using the ##DATA# hidden menu.

Also, it would be nice if there was a way to disable Fast Boot -- this option used to live under the Power settings (not battery) menu, which is no longer here.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I'm running into a small issue with a voicemail notification popping up and not going away. I think it is for Sprint's voicemail app, but I use google voice. It's saying I have 3 voicemails that need to be checked, but I know for a fact I have none through sprint's app.

Outdated Fix:
I had the same issue. Edit: Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Phone > Clear Data (on each reboot). I've also heard that setting your phone to use sprint voicemail instead of google voice temporarily works. You call yourself from another phone, leave a voicemail, then delete that voicemail. afterward, reintegrate google voice
Proper Fix: See my post below.

There is a work around for the mms issue in the AOSen.seP thread. It should work for this ROM as well

Are you referring to the process of downloading the xml file for the apn?

Upvote 0
Potential Issue:
For anyone getting the ghost voicemails on bootup (a verified bug with some rom and carrier combinations), I've created a flashable zip file to solve your issue.

Identifying If You Have This Issue:
Reboot your phone. Do you have a voicemail notification even though you have no new voicemails? Are you unable to dismiss the notification?

Modification Details:
This flashable zip contains a hand modified phone.apk - I removed the phone's ability to display voicemail notifications. If you use google voice or your carrier's voicemail app such as sprint visual voicemail, you do not need the built in phone alerting you to voicemails as the other application will do so on it's own.

Important:
I have verified that this fix works with this particular rom. Trying to install this flashable zip on a different rom has not been tested. As always, flash at your own risk!

Instructions:
1. Boot into CWM Recovery
2. Select "Install zip file"
3. Select "phonenovoicemail.zip"
4. Reboot after it installs
5. Enjoy!

Link to Download:
phonenovoicemail.zip via 4shared

Now if we can fix the mms and strange battery readings, this will be the absolute best rom available to HTC Evo Design users!

Upvote 0
Switched to Senseless Kingdom about 4 days ago, from xFuziion (which I had been running for several months). Initial impressions:

* LOVE the interface. Very fast, clean. Especially the notification area. I'm SOOO glad to be rid of the "recent apps" list in notifications. And I love the toggles, rather than the HTC toggles on a separate tab.

* Initially had problems with voice on calls when paired with bluetooth headset. Checked right after flashing, call quality was great. Paired bluetooth headset, no voice at all: couldn't hear or be heard. Turn off bluetooth, the voice back, but very soft and scratchy...almost unintelligible. Finally I got a "force-close" notice for DSP Manager. After restarting DSP Mgr 4 or 5 times, it stopped force-closing and suddenly everything was working fine, back to great call quality! (had the same problem on BlueKingdom, but never tried the DSP Mgr thing...might have worked there too)

* Seems to run VERY cool compared with xFuziion. Before when I would run wifi tether and 4G, my temps were almost always over 100F, sometimes close to 110. Now seems like I rarely get over 95. This is with the processor set to performance, constant 1400Mhz.

* Battery life: I got GREAT battery life with xFuziion. With light usage I could get 20+ hours per charge. Initially this dropped with Senseless, but I think that's just because it took a while before I got my SetCPU configured, and because of different usage patterns. Seems to be back to 4-5%/hr now with light use.

* Exchange mail: seems like this has heavier data usage than the one in xFuziion. I use it for one of my side jobs, email only (no contacts or calendar). Push seems to use about 30% more data (900kb/day vs 600kb/day), and trying to load a non-synced folder seems painfully slow ... and heavy on data usage. Still not bad though...especially since it's not my main email.

* Background app management: wow!! how great to be able to switch out of an app and actually have it stay open! I love to switch back and forth between apps: like browser to KeePassDroid and back, things like that. With all that Sense junk filling the RAM, my background apps would get closed in a heartbeat, and then I'd have to reopen, often log back in, etc. Doesn't seem to happen with Senseless!

Thanks legmando33, love your ROM!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones