1. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Giving this a shot once ID reuploads...

3. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

Can't do it if the cameras not gonna work. Sounds pretty cool though.

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

d/l it right now but its slow going, guess theres quite a few others doing so as well!

5. nitsuj17

Wow this thing is quick! 1559 in quadrant with the stock kernel. Gonna try some others now

6. NoShftShck16

post how well your best kernel does. im interested in finding the money kernel

7. nitsuj17

So far on king bfs 1 i got 1791 on 1.113....it wouldn't run at any higher frequency. Ill run so more in a bit. By far the fastest sense rom ive tried. Ic only the camera issue didn't exist......this would definitely be a daily driver...id does some great work

8. NoShftShck16

just hit 1491 with unaltered stock kernel. i'm impressed. trying the featherlite rom for comparison

9. PowerCosmic

PowerCosmic Well-Known Member

This is the first Sense ROM I've tried since rooting and while I feel Sense is still a bit behind the times, overall this is a very fast stable ROM. With skins I even managed to make it look kinda nice. o.0
    I think I'll hold onto this for a while.

10. jbh00jh

jbh00jh Well-Known Member

I ran this Rom yesterday . It was fast and very stable and had all the new sense stuff. When they get the camera fixed it will be a keeper. :)

11. h3rmanmunst3r

h3rmanmunst3r Member

I love this rom. I've tried most of the roms out there but for some reason I always come back to sense. Incdoes is incredible (pun intended) at porting these roms for us. The new sense is great, love the new features. As stated before, this rom is incredibly fast (no pun). I ALMOST hit 1800 in Quadrant with Kings bfs #5 @ 1.113....any higher my phone didn't like. I also hit just over 38 in Linpack. Awesome Rom

12. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

Looks like a good ROM.. however the developer doesn't seem to support any of his ROMS. He has several out that are all good... but they are not finished. Thats just my 2 cents.

13. hdkilner

hdkilner Well-Known Member

well awesome rom other than the people function keeps force closeing on me, ran rom manager fix permissions still doesnt work. any ideas how to fix?

14. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me, got some force closes and no signal :\

15. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Just saw the latest update about this ROM. It looks like the only known issue at this point is the camera not working. Obviously a major issue, but if they can get that worked out, this will be my every day ROM I think.

16. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Well, all true. We've been waiting for someone to figure out the camera issue for quite awhile now though.

17. A.Nonymous

Fair enough. I am still hoping though. I'd love to use this as an everyday ROM, but I can't be without a camera. It's just so much easier to take a picture of a serial number on a machine than write it down and try to read my chicken scratch later on.

18. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

The whole camera thing I just don't understand. I asked at XDA and reading between the sarcasm I gathered it has something to do with CDMA vs. GSM which shows how truly little I know about cell phones. Why would the radio band for calls have anything to do with a camera on the phone? I didn't know they were tied together. Here is my question, here is the only reply I got.

19. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

From what I understand (keep in mind I'm no developer), it doesn't really have anything to do with the radio band, but rather with the drivers. Why those would be related to the baseband is beyond my comprehension.

20. A.Nonymous

I have no idea why the camera is related to the radio either. I do know that if you flash a Froyo ROM with the Eclair radio, the camera won't work. Flash a Froyo radio without making any changes to the ROM and the camera works. Why is this? I have no clue. I just know the two are obviously related. I put this in the same category as "How do women think?"

Edit: Apparently the camera will be fixed in the next update. When this update comes down I have no idea.

21. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

Just installed this ROM and it kicks ass.
    I just got into the whole "rooting" deal and it's fun swapping ROMs. It makes my phone feel new again. Like others have said, fix the camera and it's a keeper.

Only got 1386 for my Quadrant score. :(

22. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I've become addicted to rooting and Android. I'm learning as much as I can I started out root on my Droid Eris 4 months back. There was a lot of support there well still here most likely, the Inc has recently blown up with ROMs and it's awesome. I personally love stock ROM and making my own mods to customeize it how I want it, I finally figured out how to deodex the stock ROM so now im on the nov OTA update deodexed, and running some cool mods from xda. virtuous is a great ROM, CM6 is the bomb.

23. A.Nonymous

ID's twitter account seems to indicate that an update for this ROM that fixes the camera is forthcoming. I'm very excited.

24. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

Another update (twitter update, not ROM update): "In a few days ill be releasing everything at once, then retiring my droid incredible."

Well, i never tried this ROM as I cannot live without the camera, but once that's finally fixed, it'll likely get flashed over Skyraider 3.3.4, and I think it'll be my daily ROM. I can't say for sure as I've never tried it, but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

25. A.Nonymous

Does his retiring his DInc mean there will be no support for his ROMS any more? I mean no offense to anyone, but I don't completely understand ID. He posts these amazing, but buggy ROMS. Then he seems to do nothing with them and goes to post another amazing, but buggy ROM. If he ironed all the bugs out of a couple of the ROMS he's posted, they would be outstanding. Instead he's got several buggy ROMS that show a lot of promise, but have enough bugs to make every day use impractical.