Rom Information

Last Updated:

1. Antwnis

Antwnis Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, my htc magic has firmware 1.5 and as i browsed this forum i realised that there are several types of rom such as cayogen. I was wondering where i could see the type of my rom. Are some roms better than the others?

Advertisement
  2. Antwnis

plz help me!

3. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

Go into settings -> about phone, to see what ROM you have. Assuming you got the phone new and haven't rooted it to install a new ROM you'll have either 1.5 or 1.6.

Installing a different ROM can add new features or just let you runa newer version of android. I run cyanogenmod ROM on my Magic my brother runs a android version 2.0 ROM on his Magic.

The benefits?

Newer software/features
    Features not available on normal ROM, e.g. USB tether to a computer running any OS (windoze, Mac, Linux)

Risks?

If you balls up the process you can brick your phone and void your warranty

4. Antwnis

yes i have 1.5 firmware. I read from htc.com that they have an update for rom 3.05.401.3 which is already instaled. You see i thought that firmware was refering not to rom, but to the version of my platform and those numbers were about the version of my rom. I kinda mixed them up huh? I want to upgrade the firmware from 1.5 to 2.0 and i was wondering if there is any expert to do that for me. Thanks for the help anyway:)

5. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member