• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Installing Through Rom Manager - Is the Boot Screen Supposed to Hang?

Sorry dude, I fell asleep on you...hahahaha....I was whooped. Glad you got it worked out.

ROMs allow a different look and a different user experience. Some are geared to saving battery...some are just a custom version of stock....like Myn's...it is really a Sense based ROM with a few nice touches. Like someone said, it is the way the phone should have come stock. Some people like vanilla Android and some ROMs are vanilla Android....ie no Sense overlay. ROMs basically allow you to do whatever you want with your phone.

Upvote 0
Yep. You can copy it from your computer to your phone thru the wire. Or you can download ROMs straight to your phone "over the air"...I would recommend using wifi since ROMs are 200MB+. Either way, boot your phone into recovery and then select "install zip from SD Card" and then select "choose zip from SD card" and then a list should show up with all kinds of folders. Depending on how you put it on there is where it will show up. If you downloaded it over the air it will be in the "download\" folder. Select it and install it. ANd just an FYI, assuming you use clockworkmod recovery, all of your backups will be in the "clockworkmod" folder.....in case you get into trouble....it will not be in the "backups" folder as I think that is a folder related to Titanium backup or something....again...FYI as you go forward with rooting.

Reactions: Brian Rubin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones