• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Alright, before I get started I must admit I am a noob at this, I am pretty good at these thing on a PC but on a phone no clue. Now, here's what happened.

I Rooted fine, no problems with z4, installed the bootstrap and backup and then the ROM manager. Downloaded and installed Fission with a clean wipe no problem, unfortunately none of my contacts or Apps came back in the sync which is a big deal because I have well over 100 contacts for my job that I need and quite a few Apps I spent good money on. So I restored and decided to see if I could install Fission without a wipe as has been talked about on these forums(from what i can tell) as not being an issue. Unfortunately it is an issue. When I did this it got stuck in a bootloop. So here's my question, is there an easy way to back up just my apps and contacts so that i can get them real quick or am I just out of luck? Thanks for the help in advanced and the patience of dealing with a nub such as myself (haha).

Alright, before I get started I must admit I am a noob at this, I am pretty good at these thing on a PC but on a phone no clue. Now, here's what happened.

I Rooted fine, no problems with z4, installed the bootstrap and backup and then the ROM manager. Downloaded and installed Fission with a clean wipe no problem, unfortunately none of my contacts or Apps came back in the sync which is a big deal because I have well over 100 contacts for my job that I need and quite a few Apps I spent good money on. So I restored and decided to see if I could install Fission without a wipe as has been talked about on these forums(from what i can tell) as not being an issue. Unfortunately it is an issue. When I did this it got stuck in a bootloop. So here's my question, is there an easy way to back up just my apps and contacts so that i can get them real quick or am I just out of luck? Thanks for the help in advanced and the patience of dealing with a nub such as myself (haha).

Ok this is what I did.
When I downloaded Fission I made a Stock backup and went to my contacts and when you hit settings there is an option to import or export. I exported my contacts to my SD Card and when I went to Fission I imported the contacts.
As for the apps you should have Titanium Backup installed. Go to it and go to schedules and check the enable box in the "backup all new apps & newer versions" section and run it. When you get to Fission sign in to your gmail account and the apps should start to download. This took about an hour for all of my apps to download because I have a lot as well.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Chlorination
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones