[ROM][JB4.2.2] Elemental X - Toro Build 1 (03/26/13)(Formally Kown As Eclipse)

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Nitroglycerine33 has officially ended Project Eclipse and has officially started a new project dubbed Elemental X. This is 4.2.2 based and is now 100% open source. Here is his Github:

Understand before flashing:

Flash at you're own risk. You are responsible for what you do to your own device.
    Always make a backup of your current ROM before flashing just in case something goes wrong.
    If you have questions or need help, don't be afraid to ask.

Elemental X features overview
    Eclipse mode toggle
    Elemental X is a holo dark theme natively. The Eclipse mode toggle changes from holo dark to a darker jet black look. Giving you the Eclipse darkness!

General UI Features
    Choose between 7 different battery options
    Clock positions - right, left, hide
    Add date to clock
    Customize power widgets/toggles and quick settings tiles
    Change transparency for the navigation and status bar
    Pick notification led color
    T-Mobile theme engine
    Choose between phone, phablet or tablet UI
    Custom carrier label
    LCD density
    CRT on and off toggle
    Ability to hide keyboard IME in status bar

Navigation Bar
    Have up to 5 hotseats
    Choose between several softkeys and actions
    Change key color
    Change glow color and speed
    Adjust the navigation bar height

Lock screen options
    Customize up to 8 hotseats
    CMs cLock clock/weather widget
    Display charging/discharging on lockscreen
    Customize lock screen wallpaper
    Allow lockscreen rotation
    Quick pin unlock
    Hide widget page hints (phones)

Misc Controls
    Volume rocker wake
    Volume rocker music controls
    Expandable sound menu
    Quiet hours
    Profiles
    Kill all recents option
    Notification drawer shortcuts

[​IMG]

Downloads:

Found on the Main Elemental X Forum: Elemental X Toro Forum

Instructions:

1) Make sure you are unlocked and rooted with your favorite custom recovery installed (CWM, TWRP)
    2) Make a backup in recovery.
    3) Wipe Data/ Factory Reset when coming from another rom, or just to ensure the safest procedure.
    4) Wipe Cache, System (Really important if coming from a different version of android. ex, 4.1), and Dalvik Cache.
    5) Flash Rom
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reset device.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=Lime]Overview/Changelog[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    1.0 - Initial Revision.

ENJOY ALL!

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

SMH, and I just loaded up ParandoidAndroid and it's lacking the features this one has. :(
  3. jhawkkw

OP updated with pictures.
  4. p-bOt

p-bOt Well-Known Member

I just tried this out. Its really smooth! The only thing I don't like is the black backgrounds. Great ROM though!
  5. jhawkkw

I guess it's a matter of personal taste because I love the black backgrounds, and they're slightly better for your battery. I've gotten amazing battery life on this rom today. I'm a power user and after almost 10 hours off the charger with just over 4 1/2 hours of screen time and still at 35 percent. Some of that is the big battery, some of that is the rom because on JBSourcery, I couldn't get 4 hours of screen even on the full charge, let alone 2/3 of a charge.
  6. Droid316

Droid316 Member

What size battery? 3800?
  7. jhawkkw

yep, 3800. The added thickness is worth the extra juice. Functionality over vanity.
  8. p-bOt

p-bOt Well-Known Member

Haha yeah just different strokes. It's still a very responsive ROM and that is what I care about most. Xenon just released their first 4.2 ROM and I tried that out. Its very nice as well.
  9. DWasilew

DWasilew Well-Known Member

I'm giving this ROM a try. I've been wanting to try out 4.2 and the inverted background look for a while and like how this one has them built in.
  10. jhawkkw

Update for 4.2.1 incoming, will update op in the morning.
  11. DWasilew

This guy is quick. I like that.
  12. jhawkkw

OP updated, 4.2.1 build one is live
  13. can you change nav bar icons yet on this rom?
  14. jhawkkw

unfortunately not at this point. only customizations at the moment are change battery/signal icons, cm toggles, and cm theme manager.
  15. bcote311

bcote311 Well-Known Member

Try the Fitsnugly AOKP 11/28 build if you want all those options.
  16. Dmeeks90

Dmeeks90 Well-Known Member

I installed this and now my backup is gone
  17. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

Is there any inverted apps for this rom? Thx
  18. jhawkkw

Did you update your custom recovery prior to installing a 4.2 rom? If not 4.2 screws up your file system so that cwm or twrp can't see them, but they are still there.
  19. jhawkkw

Yes, the gapps are inverted by default.
  20. DWasilew

Also, there is a inverted Google Now on the ROM forums. Check it out. It's pretty cool.
  21. Dmeeks90

Dmeeks90 Well-Known Member

do you have the link for the updated twrp?
  22. jhawkkw

Download the goo manager beta app from the market. Give it root, hit the options and then install open recovery script. It will auto flash the lasted version.
  23. TexDaddy57

TexDaddy57 Well-Known Member

Every time I have tried Eclipse, the My Verizon app would not work. Is this fixed yet? As soon as it is, I am off sourcery and back on this. Best battery life of any rom I have used!!
    Thanks!!
  24. jhawkkw

If I remember correctly, in order to use any Verizon apps on the Galaxy Nexus, you need the Verizon login app. This is the entry for it on the play store, but it can't be downloaded anymore it seems. If you find it else where, you should be able to side load it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yaWNpdHkudmVyaXpvbi5zc29kb3dubG9hZGFibGUiXQ..
    TexDaddy57 likes this.
  25. DWasilew

Still waiting on the next build. Word on the street is it's going to be epic.

I'm asking this question here because the app was on the eclipse forum, I'm just wondering if anyone could answer it. I flashed the inverted Google Now, that one of their members themed, through recovery. Looks great, but it is not the latest version and I get an update prompt in the app. However, when i go to update, it has an error because it is not signed properly. My question is, how can I uninstall the inverted GN and download the current version since I cannot uninstall like a regular app. Would I just flash Gapps again, then update from there or would I have to something trickier?