• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

phone froze up twice now when unistalling and disabling apps, in apps under settings. did battery pulls. :eek:

1) was this on a clean install

2) what settings our tools or stock settings.

3) what exactly happend (so we can try to reproduce.)

Please all. When stating a problem please give us as much info as you can so we can look at it and if its a problem we can fix it so others dont have to deal with it. :)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
1) was this on a clean install

2) what settings our tools or stock settings.

3) what exactly happend (so we can try to reproduce.)

Please all. When stating a problem please give us as much info as you can so we can look at it and if its a problem we can fix it so others dont have to deal with it. :)

Clean install, stock settings. Occured when disabling apps I don't use via settings. Screen froze and was unresponsive.

Upvote 0
Don't know!

so you didnt install the update a mod or anything you were jsut sitting there and the phone rebooted and stayed at google logo?

Clean install, stock settings. Occured when disabling apps I don't use via settings. Screen froze and was unresponsive.

what apps were you trying to diable. i jsut uninstalled 2 apps ande disable and enabled a couple without problems.

Upvote 0
so you didnt install the update a mod or anything you were jsut sitting there and the phone rebooted and stayed at google logo?

what apps were you trying to diable. i jsut uninstalled 2 apps ande disable and enabled a couple without problems.

All the stock google and samsung apps I don't use, and all the live wallpaper apps. About 10 altogether.

Upvote 0
So - a few of us have looked over the thread, but somehow - some posts have mysteriously disappeared now, mostly because, I don't know, probably, we deleted them to clean up the thread.

Please be polite, please play well together, please be cool and please report instead of replying if something gets posted that causes some grief.

My dog has approved this post, so I know that this one is good.

Cheers, thanks. :)

Upvote 0
hmmm, 2.1 is definitely snappier than v2 :D

I'm finding the opposite. I did the update from 2.0 and the phone was kind of laggy. Sometimes it would take up to 3 seconds to wake up. Same kernel, Franco 241.

In Tapatalk I would see that I had Thanked posts that I hadn't. Going to the web site my ghost Thanks would no longer be there.

Back on 2.0 and all is fine.

Upvote 0
I'm finding the opposite. I did the update from 2.0 and the phone was kind of laggy. Sometimes it would take up to 3 seconds to wake up. Same kernel, Franco 241.

In Tapatalk I would see that I had Thanked posts that I hadn't. Going to the web site my ghost Thanks would no longer be there.

Back on 2.0 and all is fine.

yeah, now that you mention it, the wakeup is very slow on the v2.1 for some reason.

that's it for me though, everything else is snappy.

Upvote 0
What Can I Do To Improve Battery Life? I Tried The Lean Kernel But That Hasn't Helped. Sorry About The Caps, Swype On Phone Doing It.

Is your phone going into deep sleep when the screen is off? Load cpu spy from market....let your screen go dark for a few mins, then check cpu spy....if it didn't go into deep sleep then that is causing battery drain. Go into maps, let it lock on your location....close maps and try cpu spy again

Upvote 0
Is your phone going into deep sleep when the screen is off? Load cpu spy from market....let your screen go dark for a few mins, then check cpu spy....if it didn't go into deep sleep then that is causing battery drain. Go into maps, let it lock on your location....close maps and try cpu spy again

Ok thanks. It did go into deep sleep. I'll give this lean kernel another day or 2 and see what happens. What governor and clock settings should I use? As of now I have not messed with any of those things.

Upvote 0
I'm on Franco.default settings, fine battery life. Have not tried lean yet as I tend to not leave what had been working for me. Every phone reacts different to kernel and Rom.Try em all!!!

my phone has been great on stock... not had any issues on any of the roms.

Not all phones are the same and some kernels do work better for people. Unfortunately it is a trial and error thing to see what works best for you and all the things you have installed

Alright well thanks guys.

Upvote 0
I'll leave it like it is. If it doesn't work for me should I flash the stock one again and do what you suggested on that one, or in your opinion is this lean kernel better than the stock one?

My battery life is killer on lean. By far the best I've seen on the gnex when paired with this rom. Definitely try giving it a little more time.

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones