• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Seems to be running hot and draining battery. Anyone else having this issue?

Not me... However that said, I have had this happen in the past... Usually I would make sure to get a good gps lock, then I turn off gps, since I don't usually need it...
But best recommendation is to run a Fix Permissions. That has fixed it for me in the past.

Reactions: johnnybirdman
Upvote 0
Yeah it is also happening to me whenever I clear dalvik or fix permissions. Which I do about 2times a week... It was supposed to have been fixed by Jake on this build, but I am not seeing it fixed.
That said.. I un installed it through TIBU and then reinstalled it from GPlay, rebooted, fix permissions. And now I am not getting the reinstall every time... Might try that for now.

EDIT: I actually went back to check on it right now... It appears that there is a difference in the file locations. Basically, the version from Jakes Gapps, is different than if you install the Google Search from GPlay.. I will let Jake know what I found too...

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
Thanks. Something must have been hung. A simple reboot seems to have solved it.

Not me... However that said, I have had this happen in the past... Usually I would make sure to get a good gps lock, then I turn off gps, since I don't usually need it...
But best recommendation is to run a Fix Permissions. That has fixed it for me in the past.

Upvote 0
Well no problems for me so far. Quick and fast. Got a little lag this weekend turning the phone back on, but a cleared dalvik fixed it.
I ran a Google Hangout last night on my phone, had used the phone all day on wifi, by 10pm I still had 56 percent battery.. After the hangout I was still at 23%. This after it had been off the charger for more than 16 hours... Gotta love that kinda battery life... Good thing I had wifi all day tho...

Upvote 0
Hope every one is working okay with JDX13.2...any issues to report? Or pretty stable?
Thanks!

Hey Ryan,

Been too busy to really 'care' about the issues I've been having. Google Search is still prompting an update on reboots, I've had 4 SODs, and generally lag here and there. Still love this ROM and have been to busy to flash anything else. Hope the next release rids my GNex of these bugs. Been thinking about going back to AOKP. :eek:

Upvote 0
Hey Ryan,

Been too busy to really 'care' about the issues I've been having. Google Search is still prompting an update on reboots, I've had 4 SODs, and generally lag here and there. Still love this ROM and have been to busy to flash anything else. Hope the next release rids my GNex of these bugs. Been thinking about going back to AOKP. :eek:

That's too bad. I've had just the opposite experience. I'd give it one more shot at a full clean install. If you can get a clean version of it, it's pretty sweet.

Upvote 0
That's too bad. I've had just the opposite experience. I'd give it one more shot at a full clean install. If you can get a clean version of it, it's pretty sweet.
It is. Only recently have I had issues with JDX. I may consider a new flash but was hoping to wait for the next release. Having a hard time finding time to flash a new ROM.

Read: Job interviews, Daddy duties with a wife who works, sleep.

Hopefully when I land this new job (3rd interview next wee!) I can get some time back, since the Wife will be able to work about 25 hours less. Bazzinga!

jmar

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
As long as it's working well enough for you to not miss any real life... Don't worry about it for now. RL is so much more important and it looks like you have great things coming!
Let me know if I can provide clean files or something, otherwise... Still makes me wonder what else is coming if at all for a new release.

Uninstalling GSearch through TIBU and install from GPlay worked for me. If you might try that one again... Plus I typically run a clear dalvik and fix permissions a couple times a week... Just keeps things fresh, and sorta scratches the ROMming itch....
Thanks for the responses guys!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
13.3 (md5: 0b2cf76d165552086d16c72ae4fe7e12)
fixed vibration bug on notifications
fixed bug causing some lag
added DSP Manager
slight improvements to battery
improved performance for some apps
fixed issue causing occasional hiccups
fixed bug with Google Search wanting to update
additional tweaks
use my 4/01 gapps (md5: 84744376575b71d2a56897f313bf33ef)

Upvote 0
Changelog
14.0 (md5: f2830165dd57c589d8a9db9c00da3733)
upgraded to latest AOSP base
rewrote A LOT of my custom code
fixed encryption
removed DSP Manager due to issues with it
improved audio (again)
minor tweaks to bluetooth (for connectivity)
added quick emoji support
added breathable sms support
moved custom settings (ie expanded desktop) to new JDX Settings menu
fixed issue causing lag
minor tweaks to improve battery life
fixed a couple bugs causing apps to FC (rarely)
overall better performance
use my new 4/23 gapps! (md5: 00f7dffdd9546766eadea37d2354d44a)

Upvote 0
Morning all... Been a while but here we go!
14.1 (md5: 31de4079282a2fee0c41890b009ec121)
merged changes from aosp
fixed bug with settings
fixed bug with clock
improved performance due to dalvik bug
improved memory usage
improved battery life (was getting hung on a couple processes)
fixed bug with data connection
fixed bug with bluetooth
use my new 5/19 gapps! (md5: f7a98a2ef3e642d5e63831d454d704ed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones