• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Any reports on battery life or deep sleep on 3.3? I'm still on 2.5 but my battery has been so much better I'm a little hesitant. Getting 94-95% deep sleep when not using it.

Also is chrome the only browser now?

Deep sleep working great on 3.3, too early for anyone to tell about battery life yet. Browser is the default Android browser. Chrome wasn't even included in the rom. Only place I've seen that going on is Bugless Beast.

Reactions: jbdan and tjh011
Upvote 0
Ok, I just did a complete wipe and clean install of JB 3.3. First thing I did was to download Titianum Backup and run it. When I did, I got this message:

"WARNING: This device's Android ID has changed". Then is shows my current ID and my old ID and says "This normally happens after a device replacement or factory reset. The Android ID is the most common way for apps to identify the device. Any app that relies on it for security/licensing purposes may stop working (or need to be reconfigured) unless you restore the previous Android ID now.

I have flashed and did factory resets a bunch of times and never seen this before. It gave me the option to restore my old ID and I did. Any clues why this happened?

Upvote 0
Ok, I just did a complete wipe and clean install of JB 3.3. First thing I did was to download Titianum Backup and run it. When I did, I got this message:

"WARNING: This device's Android ID has changed". Then is shows my current ID and my old ID and says "This normally happens after a device replacement or factory reset. The Android ID is the most common way for apps to identify the device. Any app that relies on it for security/licensing purposes may stop working (or need to be reconfigured) unless you restore the previous Android ID now.

I have flashed and did factory resets a bunch of times and never seen this before. It gave me the option to restore my old ID and I did. Any clues why this happened?

After every wipe Titanium does that. Very useful imo

Upvote 0

Samething happened to me. I just clicked the "switch to Old ID" and everything seems to be OK.

I can't get google now to work right and I think I'm not getting my emails to push. I don't know what could be wrong. My signal indicator is greyed out, it says I have 4G but its grey. I'm pretty sure it used to be blue.

UPDATE: Also seems I can't download from Google play on my computer and have it pushed to my phone.

Upvote 0
Samething happened to me. I just clicked the "switch to Old ID" and everything seems to be OK.

I can't get google now to work right and I think I'm not getting my emails to push. I don't know what could be wrong. My signal indicator is greyed out, it says I have 4G but its grey. I'm pretty sure it used to be blue.

Not an ID restoration issue, I can say that much

Upvote 0

UPDATE: Also seems I can't download from Google play on my computer and have it pushed to my phone.

The 4G thing happend to me on an earlier version. I eventually went back to an earlier version where it was normal.

Upvote 0
Can someone using TWRP confirm the correct wipe process? I am doing the following:

Wipe > Factory Reset > back to Wipe Menu > Cache > back to Wipe Menu > Dalvik Cache
Home > Install > select zip file for JB 3.3
Home > Install > select zip file for Gapps
Reboot and then start the process over for any mods

Is that correct?

Edit: I feel like Wipe>System should be in there somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones