• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][JULY 25TH 2012][V20B]Karendar's custom Shine Plus ROM R4 with OC Kernel!

This is very strange, but I seem to have forgotten how to get into recovery. Lol I spent time on other devices and forgot. Is the button combo volume-down and power? It doesn't seem to work anymore. I've tried the reboot recovery option from the power menu, and reboot recovery with su in terminal emulator. Nothing seems to work. How could a recovery disappear like that?

Vol down + home + Power

Or

adb reboot recovery

Upvote 0
Thanks again Karendar.

I download V4 and once I figured out the Fix Permissions thing, the Rom works great. I'm a bit conservative with the over clocking at the moment (650 max) but seeing that the ondemand works well I may boost it a bit more.

Are you working on a V5? :D

Hey!

Decided to drop by just to see if this forum was fully dead... ;) Seems like it just about is.

No, I'm not gonna be working on a v5 sadly... The ROM works as well as I could muster with what little time I had... And I've moved on to the Nexus 4. So my Galaxy S2 is now my girlfriend's phone... Which means the LG Shine Plus is officially retired. ;) Sorry!

This phone was fun while it lasted and was a nice learning experience...

Upvote 0
It's kind of sad to see this forum dead when the P500 forums on XDA are booming, and I consider this phone to be much superior to it in practically every way.

I just had a question for you Karendar, and its about the old force close problem I used to have. Any changes to SIM storage or downloading and using apps that need access to Phone/Contacts as a permission will cause the phone to force close like crazy when I reboot, a problem that will temporarily go away with davlik cache wipes and fixing permissions, but only for the current boot.

The main force closes seem to be the services framework and contacts, with messages fc'ing sometimes.

My question is, is there any permanent solution for this problem? I'm afraid to install any app that requests permissions involving Phone/Contacts like swiftkey, because it has a 100% chance of FCing after.

Thanks once again for the great ROM, otherwise it's great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones