• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][July14] Icy Fusion V5.0 | Smooth | Tweaked | Themed | Battery

@ Azoller do you have the link for Triggers kernel? The one that you used with IcyFusion V.5 - I have the 8/21/13 nightly AOKP..So I dunno if it's compatible? But the battery life on it was incredible.. I'm not a huge fan of any of the scheduler & governor options that come with what I'm running now..what's the best scheduler and governor to run out of cfq, deadline, or noop..as far as acceptable performance and best batt life..obviously not powersave for the governors but....

Upvote 0
Yeah I have significant battery drain with this..it's gone down 3% while I'm surfing on my phone with brightness all the way down and at 1.2..and I'm plugged in. Still drains..any other ones out there?? Would the one work that we had in IFv.5?

Your battery should not be draining while it's plugged in, sounds like you might have a hardware problem, or an excessive amount of stuff running in the background. Have you tried Greenify?

And I've tried every JB kernel we have and have not seen any significant battery improvements on any of them.

Upvote 0
Your battery should not be draining while it's plugged in, sounds like you might have a hardware problem, or an excessive amount of stuff running in the background. Have you tried Greenify?

And I've tried every JB kernel we have and have not seen any significant battery improvements on any of them.

Greenify? I haven't tried it what is it? Nd yeah I couldn't believe I was actually losing battery..it's not now..so far but I've been experimenting with diff kernels...I'm using Azollers s kernels now..currently running a15..Pitt happy with it it's working better than the other one for sure I'm glad to see smartassv2 on it..but on A16 its off? But yeah..that sucks..I take it there after no ICS ROMs for us where Bluetooth, & tethering,and all that will work??? Bc IcyFusionV.5 (latest one) was by far the best ROM all around I've ever put on the phone even out of GB..battery, it was snappy..I was very happy with it but the BT links with my car..I can't remember if tethering worked with that but I don't think it did..could be wrong but I need that to work as well..

Upvote 0
Greenify? I haven't tried it what is it? Nd yeah I couldn't believe I was actually losing battery..it's not now..so far but I've been experimenting with diff kernels...I'm using Azollers s kernels now..currently running a15..Pitt happy with it it's working better than the other one for sure I'm glad to see smartassv2 on it..but on A16 its off? But yeah..that sucks..I take it there after no ICS ROMs for us where Bluetooth, & tethering,and all that will work??? Bc IcyFusionV.5 (latest one) was by far the best ROM all around I've ever put on the phone even out of GB..battery, it was snappy..I was very happy with it but the BT links with my car..I can't remember if tethering worked with that but I don't think it did..could be wrong but I need that to work as well..

Greenify is an app that hibernates whatever apps you tell it to. I believe all the JB ROMs have both Bluetooth and tethering working, I don't really use Bluetooth but from the comments I've seen it works.

Upvote 0
Greenify is an app that hibernates whatever apps you tell it to. I believe all the JB ROMs have both Bluetooth and tethering working, I don't really use Bluetooth but from the comments I've seen it works.
Good morning to all!

How can I tell which version of GAPPS I need to use with this rom? I can go to GOOIM, but how do I pick the right one? Sorry for the NOOB question, but I want to be sure. Got in a bootloop yesterday flashing the wrong gapps....was a little scary for a while, but I got out of it and I'm back to normal, or what can be considered normal anyway. LOL

But as much as I would like to try this rom, I can't until SOMEONE tells me which gapps version to use. I didn't see in the explanation of features anything that would point me in the right direction. Please help............................

Upvote 0
Good morning to all!

How can I tell which version of GAPPS I need to use with this rom? I can go to GOOIM, but how do I pick the right one? Sorry for the NOOB question, but I want to be sure. Got in a bootloop yesterday flashing the wrong gapps....was a little scary for a while, but I got out of it and I'm back to normal, or what can be considered normal anyway. LOL

But as much as I would like to try this rom, I can't until SOMEONE tells me which gapps version to use. I didn't see in the explanation of features anything that would point me in the right direction. Please help............................

This is a stock-based rom. You don't need to flash gapps unless you are using an AOSP rom (ie. CyanogenMod, AOKP, etc.)

Upvote 0
This is a stock-based rom. You don't need to flash gapps unless you are using an AOSP rom (ie. CyanogenMod, AOKP, etc.)

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I understand. I really wasn't aware that this rom was a stock-based. At least I don't remember reading that anywhere.

However, I've read SO much over the last month or so, I very well could have read it and it went in one eye and out my ......:rolleyes:

Thanks again. There is some confusion, brought on by myself. I currently have this rom, pac, and beanstalk on my SD card, and I just flashed TWRP again. Perhaps I need to come up with a diary of things I did, so I remember the order or something.....WHEW!

But I'll tell you I am learning some things, and I am having fun doing it. Thank you all so much for this experience!!! As soon as I get some extra $$$, I will begin making donations. (no, really).

Upvote 0
I really want to go back to this ROM I'm running some of the AOKP roms but the jelly bean seems to be taking up a huge amount of battery and it's really inconvenient for me... Is there anything you can suggest to flash on to this rom so that I can get the tether working I know that the Bluetooth won't work but as long as I can get my mobile hotspot to work I'll be good.. I guess it's not the kernel but it is the baseband that controls wifi/tethering is that correct? So is there a different baseband that I can flash and try and see if that will help for it... I also have a zip file on my SD card that I see when I go into recovery its called hotspotmod.zip does anybody know what that is???

Upvote 0
I went back...for battery life..my phone is useless dead...with an ext battery it was still gone WAY too fast. Is there any way I can turn on a fast charge with IcyFusionV5? Looks like triggerfield didn't show it did with the kernel that came along with it..I know it was available for the jb roms but it never said that it was turned on after clicked it. So...is there a way I can do it with a flashable file? Or another ICS kernel I can try?

Upvote 0
I went back...for battery life..my phone is useless dead...with an ext battery it was still gone WAY too fast. Is there any way I can turn on a fast charge with IcyFusionV5? Looks like triggerfield didn't show it did with the kernel that came along with it..I know it was available for the jb roms but it never said that it was turned on after clicked it. So...is there a way I can do it with a flashable file? Or another ICS kernel I can try?

To be completely honest. Icyfusion 5 gives me the beat battery life and fastest charging with my extended battery.. cm10.1 and cm10.2 have been battery hogs for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones