• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Jun-24 ZR3DX v2.1-Sense 3.6 [team420]-THEMED-BEATS-odex-EXTRAS

krowley3

Feb 25, 2011
Midwest
As promised here is a fully working port of ZREDX themed rom from the Evo 3D. As with MeanROM, I am not the developer of this rom but have received approval to post my modified version that has MMS working on the Evo V 4G.

Thanks and all credit for this rom goes to dropzeroc and Team 420
Original ROM Link at XDA
Now for the rom:

ZR3DX 2.1 SENSE 3.6 4.0.3 ICS SpecialBlends​
THE ROM​

537473_2245059341965_1312297559_n.jpg

The Default Skin​

537473_2245059421967_494778535_n.jpg

The EXCLUSIVE Skins​

537473_2245059381966_1462618611_n.jpg

4EXT recovery recommended

Huge Thanks out to aamikam for everything he has done for me and with this rom!
also, Il Duce, Vinchenzop, j4n87, JoelZ and Team Virtuous and of course Team 420!

NOW FOR THE GOODS!
-Based on 1.13.652.1 CL372137 release-keys
-Optimized Images-Thanks aamikam
-MMS setting changed to no compression with 5mb limit (2mb default)
-Exchange Sync
-Unlocked browser features (extra windows, windows tab, incognito browser mode)
-Unlocked Sprint features such as:
**3D View (display settings)
**Change font Sizes (display settings)
**TVout (display settings)
**Credit to aamikam for unlocking these
-Beats Audio with external speaker beats and notication toggle- aamikam
-Extra EQs unlocked in Music
-Data partition (Apps, contains bootanimation also: data/local/bootanimation)
-All Apps are up to date (5-22-12)
-Sony Bravia
-3G/4G Camera, 3D features all working
-Camera with HDR and Panoramic Scenes unlocked
-Dimmed Capacitive Lights(thanks freeza)
-SuperUser is FIXED!
-4G toggle in QuickSettings
-Modified preloaded bookmarks
-Modified Defaults
**wifi on by default first boot
**Allow 3rd part apps
**keyboard set to english only to help fix bogus spell correct
**more
-------PERFORMANCE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-init.d tweaks (ram and sdtweaks)
-Odexed and fully optimized!! aamikam strikes again!
-Build.prop tweaks (too many to list)
-GPU rendering
-init.sh tweaks (deep sleep states and cpu)
-------TWEAKS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Leedroid Tweaks (Huge Thanks to j4n87 and joelz)
*also fixed typos and added 4G toggle to Quicksettings*
**Lockscreen tweaks
*Remove bubbles, navbar, time, media tweaks, carrier tweaks, aosp ics lockscreen and more
**Sense tweaks
*Smooth rosie, disable unlock animation, App drawer transparencies and custom background
**Statusbar tweaks
*Pulldown transparency tweaks, hide icons, recent apps(sense 4, stock and win7 styles) battery bar and text much more!
**Miscelleneous tweaks
*Arrows for keyboard, light up screen for sms and more!
-------APPEARANCE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Fully ZR3D Themed as always
-59 Custom wallpapers with Sense 4 Docked wallpapers included (all in HTC wallpaper chooser)
-4th Tab added to App Drawer with extra/unique apps added for quicker access
-Custom BootAnimation that just rocks! HUGE thanks to predator_395 his link below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1666438
-3 Custom Team 420 skins( one is ZR3D rom skin, use as default for lockscreen and clock(its default skin by default))
-Changed Font, no more roboto!
-Gmail on Homescreen to fill the gap
-Sense 4.0 style Keyboard (with and without arrows via tweaks)
-Some bloat removed (added some of my own lol)
-Custom Glass Dialer i slightly moddified, Original by Vin255764 thanks man!
-------APPLICATIONS------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-MikMik Forum App
-HTC QuickLaunch and fake Sense 4 clock widget
-HTC Twitter and Twitter Widget
-HTC Trends Widget
-Wifi Tether App (set to Generic ICS device, check router fix and mss clamping)
-ICS DSP Manager
-System Panel lite (task manager cpu monitor)
-SEMC Get Games app
-Semi functional 420updater (again, not fully functional)
-Adfree Android app added (ads will show up they are not blocked by default)
-im sure there is alot more and i will add as i remember.

How to flash

Please use 4ext Touch Recovery because it works great (including S-ON) and will give the best results (least potential flash problems like reboots or boot loops). Should install fine with TWRP as well.
  1. Wipe Data/System (2X)
  2. Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache (2X)
  3. Format System, Boot, and Data
  4. Install ROM from Zip

Beats and FM radio do not function properly. Everything else works perfect.

PLEASE DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD UNTIL you've done a fresh install to see if that cures it. I will do my best to assist with any issues that may arise, but I am not a developer. I am new to this but am more than willing to help out where I can.

Download:
[ROM]Jun-24 ZR3DX v2.1-Sense 3.6 [team420]-THEMED-BEATS-odex-EXTRAS

Mirror: http://db.tt/KYuN29Uv

so youre saying the roaming on this works? and isnt that something that could be seen as suspicious if youre like the only vm customer that happens to be roaming?

I am sorry if I confused you, but no roaming does not work. You cannot roam on Virgin Mobile. I left that in the description because this is a port from the Sprint Evo 3D rom. The options are still in the menus but they are not functional in Virgin network. All I did was take a rom from the Evo 3D that did not have functioning MMS on the Evo V and made it work. I have removed any mention of roaming from the OP.

Upvote 0
Looks tempting, but im still rocking MeanROM ICS v2.4 and since day 1 no problems at all it runs smooth and fast. Thanks for this rom too, will be my next try.

I hear ya. I still love MeanROM too. I actually have a backup of them both and switch them whenever I feel like a change. I like the themes this rom comest with. They are both rock solid.

Upvote 0
Does this have the dual core mod. The one where one core is shut off and the other is underclocked when the screen is off?

This I will actually have to double check on because I am not 100% sure. I do not see any difference in this rom as far as battery life and performance go when compared to MeanROM which for sure has the mod.

Upvote 0
i just bought 4ext, seems pretty nice. but im having a very hard time choosing the best rom for me. they all have such very good extras included. but most of them seem very same. it's just so confusing! i like this rom tho. looks cool. but meanrom looks very promising. could i switch between roms like dual-booting os's ? that would be awesome.

Upvote 0
This seems like something I'll try out, but I have one question about this ROM. I was looking over the original post at XDA and found this listed under the June 14 changes:

-------PERFORMANCE----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Zero compressed system and framework apks
-Added 3G speed tweaks (thanks Il Duce)
-Fixed Sprint Wimax stuff (should use sprints 4g not VM now so should work better in theory)
The part in italics about the 4G is what concerns me. I'm assuming from this that the original Dev used the leaked ICS VM build for this phone since a good portion of the changelog is dated before the EVO V was released. So my question is this: Are the 4G changes reverted back to VM settings in this ROM, or are they still set for Sprint?

Thanks!

EDIT: Or if any of you that have already installed this ROM can chime in with how your 4G is connecting, behaving, etc., that'd be awesome, too!

Upvote 0
think it'll install fine with twrp 1.1.1?
Mine did! I was coming from the odexed Stock ROM.

Or if any of you that have already installed this ROM can chime in with how your 4G is connecting, behaving, etc., that'd be awesome, too!
So far mine is behaving exactly like it did with stock.

Man, this thing is slick. Loving the transparent status bar. Thanks for the port krowley3 :)

Upvote 0
Just flashed this rom with twrp 1.1.1 and the boot animation froze. Thought it got stuck, but it actually just needed another minute to finish the first boot. Just a heads up to anyone who thinks their install might be problematic.

I was just about to post about using TWRP 1.1.1. I just have the stock rom with SU added (rooted, of course).

I was going to get 4EXT from the Play Store, but it says it requires S-OFF, so I passed on it. Although, I do see that the instructions above say it works even with S-ON. Can anyone clear that up for me? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones