• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Jun-24 ZR3DX v2.1-Sense 3.6 [team420]-THEMED-BEATS-odex-EXTRAS

I have internet for a minute but wanted to andwer this. I had the same issue before I left and fixed it by deleting sprint vvm from system/app and installing vvm from deodexed jmz rom like you would any other apk. Hope that helps. I probably will not be back on to check until next weekend.
I tried that and it didn't work for me when I tried this rom. I may have missed something though, I didn't put a lot of effort into it.

plug lol ::)
Yes, I totally plugged it because I obviously make hundreds of dollars on every referral and download. :D It also would have been more effective had I included a link.

I had it wrong anyhow... Mobster's has working Voicemail, it's incoming calls while using wifi that may be compromised.

Reactions: flboy91
Upvote 0
What all is safe to un install from this rom? Not needing some of the things like get games, Picassa etc but some come up as system apps. This rom seems a little more bloated than I like.
I used Titanium Backup remove the system apps I didn't want without issue. I agree that it was a mite silly to make a lean ROM only to add unnecessary apps that not everyone uses but I'm certainly not going to complain and it is reversible.

Im having trouble with visual voice mail notifying me of any voicemails. ...
... I recieve no notification on the top of the phone or in the visual voicemail APP. when I DO have one.

I'm glad you mentioned this, prompting me to test it; I had the same result. My fix:

I used 7zip to extract vvm-virgin.apk from JMZ's odexed ROM ( The original is odexed: [-ROM-6-14]*updated v2.1* ZR3DX-Sense 3.6 [team420]-THEMED-Sprint-BEATS-odex-EXTRAS - xda-developers )

I used Droid Explorer to copy the APK to the SD card (It doesn't matter how you copy it there; Droid Explorer is faster for small files since I don't have to toggle USB storage)

I used Ti Backup to backup (just in case) and uninstall the voicemail app (which was Sprint's, as Leslie Ann pointed out)

I used X-plore to launch/install the APK (you can use whatever shell explorer so long as it launches APKs rather than opens them as an archive)

I used 4EXT to clear cache, Dalvik cache, and reboot

Upon reboot, Voicemail downloaded/notified me of the new and two other voicemails I had listened to on another ROM (JMZ's odex).

I just wish the shortcut would update with the number of new messages like the phone shortcut does (the widget counterpart can't go in the launch bar).

Edit: I ran benchmarks after being idle all night (I and the phone):
Note: my SDcard is 16GB class 2 vice the OEM 8GB class 4, which may impact the I/O and overall score

Screenshot_2012-07-15-06-42-27.png

Screenshot_2012-07-15-06-51-39.png

Upvote 0
Nuts. My phone does everything except make calls. :proud:

Having vaguely remembering seeing something somewhere, I turned off WiFi and was able to make calls.

Then, I turned WiFi back on and can still make calls. Does anyone have any insight into this?

I am not sure, because I don't use my phone regularly for calls, but I think that you may have experienced the signal fluctuation problem with our phone on the Sprint network. I could be wrong, but I think all of our ROMs have the problem, because it is actually a network issue.

I have had one problem, and I tried toggling airplane mode, but it didn't go away until hours later.

Upvote 0
I am not sure, because I don't use my phone regularly for calls,
hehe same here
I think that you may have experienced the signal fluctuation problem with our phone on the Sprint network
It didn't drop signal until I tried dialling out. Additionally, I could send/receive SMS, which uses the same signal a phone call does, correct?

Upvote 0
I really am not the best person to describe the issue, as I am blissfully unaware of it.

I do have times when sms messages do not get sent for hours. In Go SMS they have a blinking tail, until successfully sent. All cases seem to be unrelated to anything I can do. Resending, deleting, toggling networks, airplane mode or rebooting do not seem affective.

I have had issues receiving sms messages too.

In all cases things just clear up hours later, and my sms messages all transfer. My wife an I get a laugh out of it when our timing eta sms messages show up hours later when we are already together and often on our way out.

I think other threads here explain the signal problems. I read through one until finding that Sprint had some fix in their pipeline, but that it was not expected until August. Being mostly unaffected by this, I just made a note that I may need to update my ROM this fall.

Upvote 0
Roger that, metal; I did eventually find your thread on the topic. It does seem to remedy it until, at some point, it returns. My wife has it also and she's using JMZ stock odex.

Another issue I have that may or may not have anything to do with this, or any, ROM, is that my Facebook login stops working and I have to relog; I have the FriendStream widget installed. Does anyone else experience that?

Upvote 0
I know that drop is planning to update this based on the latest Sprint ICS OTA, so we will have to see just how much that breaks MMS. I will take a look at it when he updates it, but from what I understand at this point, the Sprint OTA update requires HBOOT 1.58 although it may work with our 1.57 but I have not tested that.

Upvote 0
Not sure what is causing this but randomly my screen will wake up then shut off 3 or 4 times. This happens unplugged or when its plugged in. This is driving me nuts. It will stop after it dose it 3 to 4 times. I will have it on my desk at work not touching it and this happens. Anyone else have this going on? Any help would be great...

Upvote 0
thank you for the reply :) When it does it there are no text or email. Its just comes on with no notifications and stays on for 5 sec then turns back off. It dose this 3 to 4 times in a row then stays off for a little while. I am re-flashing and starting over to see if I can pin point an app that could be causing it. Just sucks setting everything back up all over lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones