Rom / Kernal Question

Last Updated:

1. Seven Dogs

Seven Dogs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded and got Bugless Beast 0.5 up and running, decided to install a Chevy01 low voltage 1.25 kernal. I got it installed and working and noticed that the apps that came with Bugless Beast are no longer there. What did I do wrong and can I ge them back?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Advertisement
  2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

im not sure what happened exactly but you can get them back. just reflash your rom without wiping cache or data. your kernal will also go back to the stock bb v0.5 kernal.

Seven Dogs likes this.
  3. Seven Dogs

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Did you wipe data before installing the Chevy kernel? Installing the kernel shouldn't have any effect at all on apps, but wiping data surely will. Once you've implemented digdug's advice, you should make a nandroid backup, then try installing the kernel again, without wiping. If you experience the same issue (although I can't conceive of a reason you would), you can just restore your backup.

5. Seven Dogs

I installed the kernal using ROM Manager and can't remember if I cllicked the wipe data check box. I created a back up using ROM Manager is this the nandroid backup you mean. I don't know how to create a nandroid back up.

6. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Yes, the backup you make from ROM Manager is a nandroid backup. When you want to restore a backup, you would navigate to "nandroid" in the ClockworkMod recovery menu.

Seven Dogs likes this.