• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][KINGDOM] Unofficial CM10 for Kingdom Nightlies **8/24/12**

Ok I need more details as to where the mic is messing up or how often it is cutting out. As I have no cut on anything. As I previously said, We have dual mics for noise cancelation, hence the reports of the sound quality being crappy I believe. Where right now we aren't using it.

Upvote 0
Is anyone having prob with netflix, video player apps like that our just me. Thanks

I too am having problems it looks like it will work but just stays black and no sound or video for netflix. Plus sometimes will just close when i go to start a video, and other times will give me force close window.

About when I am having problems its most of the time really, almost never first time i try it will pick up my voice, for the apps not calling, calling seams little better but still not perfect. for google now often it will not work time out then i click again and it will start to work. the voice to text almost never works for me, the voice dialer works about like google now, almost never first time load it and say something, but often will work second time.

Upvote 0
Well been googleing found out the a lot of spps need to be updated to be compatible with job. As far as your other probes I don't have that works great for me. Try fresh install. My only prob is wish I new how to change network service. 2fast said change MNC and MCC in build prop but can't find
Can someone help step by step? I'm on boost

Upvote 0
OK! I have been using this ROM for awhile and it's AMAZING! I seriously love you for what jelly bean has done to my phone :D I was going to upgrade to a newer phone for a speed increase but this ROM has taken care of that for me.

Things not working:
SMS: Sending and Receiving
Face Unlock: Due to no front camera :/
4G: No option for it
For some reason there are 2 camera Apps, One for 5MP photos, the other for 3. I use the first one(which happens to belong to the "Gallery" app.
Also I seem to be unable to Format MicroSD Cards.

*Fixed MMS Problem.
You have to install GO SMS!
Inside GO SMS..
*Press the Menu key
*Press "Settings"
*Press "Advanced"
*Scroll down and press "MMS Settings"
*Scroll all the way down and press "Fill APN configuration manually"
*Under MMSC
If you are using Boost:
Put: "http://mm.myboostmobile.com"
If you are using Sprint:
Put: "http://mms.sprintpcs.com"
If you are using US Cellular it will automatically work as that is the APN that the ROM is provided with :)

*Next go down and set the Port to 80 and you are good to go!
Note: You can't use the default messaging app, only GO SMS. For some reason Jelly Bean? Is B**chy about editing APN settings.

Upvote 0
OK! I have been using this ROM for awhile and it's AMAZING! I seriously love you for what jelly bean has done to my phone :D I was going to upgrade to a newer phone for a speed increase but this ROM has taken care of that for me.

Things not working:
SMS: Sending and Receiving
Face Unlock: Due to no front camera :/
4G: No option for it
For some reason there are 2 camera Apps, One for 5MP photos, the other for 3. I use the first one(which happens to belong to the "Gallery" app.
Also I seem to be unable to Format MicroSD Cards.

*Fixed MMS Problem.
You have to install GO SMS!
Inside GO SMS..
*Press the Menu key
*Press "Settings"
*Press "Advanced"
*Scroll down and press "MMS Settings"
*Scroll all the way down and press "Fill APN configuration manually"
*Under MMSC
If you are using Boost:
Put: "http://mm.myboostmobile.com"
If you are using Sprint:
Put: "http://mms.sprintpcs.com"
If you are using US Cellular it will automatically work as that is the APN that the ROM is provided with :)

*Next go down and set the Port to 80 and you are good to go!
Note: You can't use the default messaging app, only GO SMS. For some reason Jelly Bean? Is B**chy about editing APN settings.

U can use the native messaging app. As in AOSP speaking "open APNs" in the voice dialer opens the APN config menu. Also 2fast has a APN zip file to help install the proper APNs.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
NOTE: Starting with Android 4.0/ICS, 3rd Party apps don't have access to write APN settings, hence this app no longer works for restoring APN backups as a normal app. You can convert it to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone and use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore&hl=en

I have been using it all day :)
Works great. I didn't have to convert it to a system app. But I think that may be the problem with the "Open APNs" command

Upvote 0
Hey guys, first I would like to thank you all for the help you've given me after viewing this site on multiple occasions.

I had a quick question about this rom: When I flash it, for some reason I am losing root access for my apps. Titanium, SetCPU, and others are not working, yet the bootloader still says unlocked? I did go to the developer options and make sure apps/adb had root access since cm started shipping their roms out without root. I am currently using the Kingdom ICS xFuZiionZz rom and I am not having any troubles whatsoever. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ddubhotness
Upvote 0
Nightlies does not refer to the frequency of the builds....here instruct yourself on what it actually means.

Neutral build - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Travis if you are the same fool that started the same nightly crap on my forum. I hope your happy :rolleyes: If it wasn't you then for the nightly builds it is kind of hard to do 20 different things people wants updates or fixes to. Cm10 source has changed in some way shape or forum since I built this one. As it won't even start to boot, where I likely know the cause. But haven't got that far to look at it. The last project I worked on was the kernel I just posted a few days back.

I was going to work on a sense 4 port tonight, how ever I decided to play with the partitions and see what I could write to to accomplish s-off. Where I managed to write to h-boot and it to stick. How ever after numerous fails I got it to work with a h-boot I modded. Where it only had the unlock text changed. Well when it took, I rebooted and stuck with a dead as a rock Hero. At the point it is there is nothing I can do for it but wait for a replacement.

So sorry to burst your bubble but you won't get a update for a bit.

As for the root issue, If it isn't working flash the su zip from recovery.

Upvote 0
hello i know the rom is fairly new therefore leading to lack of other apps such as support for sd card browsing and not to mention no play store app but it looks pretty promising please keep up the development on this rom i cant wait until its fully equipped with most of its perks like you said the video doesnt work. I love the bootup and shutdown and it runs pretty smooth. I didnt flash a custom kernal as i didnt have it long enough to continue testing will definitely be awaiting updates on this one....thanx

Upvote 0
Rom Installation:
Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
Flash the ROM
Flash GApps found HERE
Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)​

Um did you read? You have no market due to you didn't flash gapps. There is no support for sd card browsing as it isn't there. As far as I can tell cm remove the file browser from cm. Where it is pure cm and I will not add files into it.

Reactions: ddubhotness
Upvote 0
Travis if you are the same fool that started the same nightly crap on my forum. I hope your happy :rolleyes: If it wasn't you then for the nightly builds it is kind of hard to do 20 different things people wants updates or fixes to. Cm10 source has changed in some way shape or forum since I built this one. As it won't even start to boot, where I likely know the cause. But haven't got that far to look at it. The last project I worked on was the kernel I just posted a few days back.

I was going to work on a sense 4 port tonight, how ever I decided to play with the partitions and see what I could write to to accomplish s-off. Where I managed to write to h-boot and it to stick. How ever after numerous fails I got it to work with a h-boot I modded. Where it only had the unlock text changed. Well when it took, I rebooted and stuck with a dead as a rock Hero. At the point it is there is nothing I can do for it but wait for a replacement.

So sorry to burst your bubble but you won't get a update for a bit.

As for the root issue, If it isn't working flash the su zip from recovery.

nah wasn't me just kinda been frustrated lately and been trolling out the ass. i'm sorry about that post.

Upvote 0
Um did you read? You have no market due to you didn't flash gapps. There is no support for sd card browsing as it isn't there. As far as I can tell cm remove the file browser from cm. Where it is pure cm and I will not add files into it.

You're right i did skip a part Im sorry for bothering you with such nonsense ill flashback in a few and return with how it works as I am currently using your original fusion Rom and I love it thank u again and if there's anything I can do to make things a little easier please let me know

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones