• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]Leaked Stock 2.2 with Sense [EVERYTHING WORKS!!]

forgive my ignorance, but what do people mean by "new radio"?

The radio is what contacts with the cell tower to make phone calls and stuff. They updated the radio for many reasons (Im not really sure is what I am trying to tell you), But the radio needs to be updated so that some things on the phone will work. (camera, camcorder, other things)

Reactions: Ovy
Upvote 0
The radio is what contacts with the cell tower to make phone calls and stuff. They updated the radio for many reasons (Im not really sure is what I am trying to tell you), But the radio needs to be updated so that some things on the phone will work. (camera, camcorder, other things)

ah, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

weird that it would have something to do with the camera, etc.

Upvote 0
I cant freaking reroot! I have usb debugging on! Help! Unrevoked screen just says its waiting for device!!

Ok dont worry. Do you have the drivers installed for that. when you dowloaded the reflash, they gave you drivers to install. Do that then reboot phone

And here is a tip. Dont download the Vcast manager. there is no need for it.

Upvote 0
These are the ones posted on Droidlife.

136601025-884ecf960c6272dd8746b420b0d104da.4c4fab40-full.jpg

136601564-77b2098e1a647f04da822991b4ac1682.4c4fab40-full.jpg

I think the HTC Sense slows it down. I'm using CM6 and I got around 39 MFLOPS consistently.

Upvote 0
Ok guys this is how you Get Froyo running rooted on your Droid Incredible.

Rooted

1. Download PB31IMG.zip and place it in the root of you SDCARD.

2. Now go to the bootloader.

2a. Run 'adb reboot oem-42' if powered up or hold Power + Volume Down if your phone is off.

3. It should automatically start loading PB31IMG.zip. Then accept it when it asks you to load it or not (pretty sure Vol Up).

4. You are now completely stock. You should remove PB31IMG from your SDCARD now.

5. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.

6. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.

6a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.

6b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.

6c. Now select apply update.zip

7. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.

8. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to reroot and install ClockworkMod recovery.

9. Now you can go ahead and install the Stock Froyo ROM.

Non Rooted

1. Download dinc_ota.zip, rename it to update.zip and place it in the root of your SDCARD.

2. Now boot into recovery and apply the zip.

2a. adb reboot recovery if powered up or Power + Volume Down then select Recovery.

2b. Now hit Power + Volume Up to bring up the Recovery menu.
2c. Now select apply update.zip

3. Go to Settings > About phone > Software information > Baseband version and verify that it's 2.05.00.06.11.

4. Now download and run Unrevoked 3 to root and install ClockworkMod recovery.

5. Now you can go ahead and install the Stock Froyo rom.

I just got all that from xda. just thought i would bring it over. I need to go to bed but I will stay on to help you guys out.

EDIT: Do NOT try to run the JonnyB's sense red or blue cover on 2.2. It works but it makes other things look really weird. Just a heads up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones