• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM] LG Ally Bionx 1.0.0|SDK8|AOS2.2.2|Themed|Deoxidized|SmartStart|O verClocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna thank the users running 0.7 this week. With your help, i found some odds and ends to fix up and as a result, the community can enjoy the latest build today.

Uploading 0.8 later today
-changes-
Fixed odds and ends
Video lag fix?
Hardware fix?
Infrastructure tethering?
Build.prop fix
Mms update (il need feedback on this app, if it doesnt work to your needs, download go sms for now.
Finalized Android settings
Scripts available to the user can be found in the changelog

The next build will probably be final. Il be working on the Bionx scripts and themes.

Upvote 0
In the notification bar, what is the "G" with the circle. There is another one for 3g so that's not it. Or?

The G is just your signal strength, an alternative for the bars.

I've been running 0.8 for about an hour or so and here's what I've noticed thus far:

For the wifi tether, infrastructure works but on the old wifi tether, not the new "mifi" one.
The text messaging app looks good except for the recieved messages; the text is white and the background is very light making it almost unreadable.
After that, it's basically perfect, feels alot faster and smoother than the previous build. I'd thank you but i cant find the thank button anymore o.0. Thanks for all the work, man!

Reactions: Biotic and rcozzi
Upvote 0
I promised rgocal the first thing I would do was test video streaming. It's perfect over both wifi and 3G, through YouTube and Quickpic. Whatever you fixed, fixed it.

As for my impressions of the mms app. Well, actually, they're pretty much exactly this:

The text messaging app looks good except for the recieved messages; the text is white and the background is very light making it almost unreadable.

Tethering: I really don't use it at all, so ad-hoc vs. infrastructure is honestly a lot of gibberish to me.

I've also decided that I'm willing to rethink my stance on Dolphin Browser (that it was nice, but not quite what I was looking for).

Reactions: Biotic
Upvote 0
360 tasker says a program update is available. Would updating this app. leave the translations intact?

Im afraid not. If you know jiberish...by all means. Il keep everyone posted on that if it updates. The 360 launcher however, if it notifies a update. It will be english however last time i tried updating it, the apk needed signed first so idk whats up with that. There is also a 360 android market available. Sorta easy to navigate but again in jiberish. Hoping the devs translate everything. At some point but il keep everyone posted on updates on those packages if you use them. Ik adw and go launcher do work awesome on bionix so switching over doesnt hurt my feelings ^_^ just when a rom is built, it needs some sort of base to build on.

Upvote 0
Im afraid not. If you know jiberish...by all means. Il keep everyone posted on that if it updates. The 360 launcher however, if it notifies a update. It will be english however last time i tried updating it, the apk needed signed first so idk whats up with that. There is also a 360 android market available. Sorta easy to navigate but again in jiberish. Hoping the devs translate everything. At some point but il keep everyone posted on updates on those packages if you use them. Ik adw and go launcher do work awesome on bionix so switching over doesnt hurt my feelings ^_^ just when a rom is built, it needs some sort of base to build on.

If you're looking for something different from the typical Android launcher style, Hi Launcher also works really really well on Bionix. It'll be weird to get used to, but I can see it being a pretty strong contender for my main launcher, if I can just figure out how I want to organize it.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I have a problem with the choice to make the camera button a secondary power button. I understand that, as an actual camera button, it doesn't play well with the modded camera app. However, I keep my phone in my pocket most of the time, including when I'm sitting in confined lecture hall chairs at school. This is causing the camera button to be pressed down a lot, which has a pretty serious impact on battery life, as it wakes the display every time it happens. I just wanna know, is it safe for me to change this function on my own? I was thinking of maybe using this app to switch it to something that doesn't cause the display to wake.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I have a problem with the choice to make the camera button a secondary power button. I understand that, as an actual camera button, it doesn't play well with the modded camera app. However, I keep my phone in my pocket most of the time, including when I'm sitting in confined lecture hall chairs at school. This is causing the camera button to be pressed down a lot, which has a pretty serious impact on battery life, as it wakes the display every time it happens. I just wanna know, is it safe for me to change this function on my own? I was thinking of maybe using this app to switch it to something that doesn't cause the display to wake.

I hesitated to say...everything seems to work so well, and it seems so minor. This would be my only complaint as well. I like the back option, but maybe the power option could be disabled?

Upvote 0

Il probably integrate that button chooser app into the settings. Because this is gna have to be a user choice to change since i experience these problems on my razr and not really something i can change on choice.
So my goal will be able to integrate that button changer in preferences settings.

Upvote 0
Il probably integrate that button chooser app into the settings. Because this is gna have to be a user choice to change since i experience these problems on my razr and not really something i can change on choice.
So my goal will be able to integrate that button changer in preferences settings.

I tried it out and, as it stands, the app can't seem to detect the camera button.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones