• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 30 40.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
so I just flashed this rom with the gold theme and g-mail force closes!!! i'm sure I did something wrong, but so far that's the only app that force closes on me. any ideas on what to do? should I just try again? I did wipe before I installed

If you don't care whether or not the Gmail app is themed, this is what I would do.

Delete the app using Titanium Backup, reboot the phone, go into the market and download the new Gmail. Its better anyway :D

Upvote 0
only thing that i wish coul dbe included is the ability to skip tracks in the music player with the volume rocker instead of having to go through the whole unlocking process. otherwise..

AMAZING!

edit: you can control the tracks with the volume rocker, you just have to hold it a split second longer then i was originally! my bad!

When I do this it turns down my volume... Any way around that??

Upvote 0
installed the goodies from rom manager under the lithium mod section, installation went fine but cant seem to implement anything from the sd card. went into recovery and installed boot animation rotten apple then rebooted and its just the animation from the current rom im using. tried astro to and set as home for boot ani. and font but nothin. how do i get the goodies to work?

Upvote 0
installed the goodies from rom manager under the lithium mod section, installation went fine but cant seem to implement anything from the sd card. went into recovery and installed boot animation rotten apple then rebooted and its just the animation from the current rom im using. tried astro to and set as home for boot ani. and font but nothin. how do i get the goodies to work?

What is ROM manager? I've searched around a bit but I'm still confused! Sounds like it just downloads ROMs and puts them in the correct directory so all I have to do is reboot and apply update?

Upvote 0
My gmail account will not sync automatically now. It was working fine up until today. I plugged my phone in to put some mp3s on it via USB and as usual RSDlite would show a pop up balloon saying "checking for application" only it kept cycling through that instead of going away. I tried to turn on USB storage but my phone rebooted. ***edit*** this is unrelated--i haven't gotten gmail on my phone at all today

I can load the Gmail app and manually sync, but that's rather frustrating.

When I go to Accounts & Sync it says "Sync is experiencing problems and will be back shortly".

Earlier it was giving me a gmail captcha and saying it couldn't validate.

What did I do? Is this a lithium mod/user error, or something with Android in general? I realize I probably caused it but I can't figure out how to fix it!

edit:

Actually now that I think of it... I haven't gotten an e-mail on my phone all day (Gmail). My corporate exchange account is syncing fine still though. So I think the RSDlite/reboot thing is totally unrelated.

Upvote 0
mmmm.

So i just downloaded and flashed/installed the rom and then went with the Tang one since it's available in Rom manager.

My question is how do i get program widgets in the rosie drawer thingy. You know where theres a phone button, the button that takes you to all apps, and then the browser. I wanted to customize it with my choice of programs like handcent. And i dont know how to do it :( help

I tried long pressing "home" then seeing if i could select "customize shortcuts" or what ever but i dont have that option =/

Upvote 0
mmmm.

So i just downloaded and flashed/installed the rom and then went with the Tang one since it's available in Rom manager.

My question is how do i get program widgets in the rosie drawer thingy. You know where theres a phone button, the button that takes you to all apps, and then the browser. I wanted to customize it with my choice of programs like handcent. And i dont know how to do it :( help

I tried long pressing "home" then seeing if i could select "customize shortcuts" or what ever but i dont have that option =/

Your sig says you're using a DInc, is that true? This ROM is only for D1 users. I've no idea how you even flashed it. But, if you are on a D1, you could try using a home replacement like Launcher Pro or ADW and customize it however you want. Also, this is an ancient ROM, you might want to look into something a little more current.

Upvote 0
Oh darn!
hehehehe thanks :)

Quick question. Since i flashed a d1 rom, how would it mess with my inc?
I did notice that my 3g signal has going to pretty much non-exsistant or crap. could it be the rom?
I checked my settings and i have my date enabled and I do pay for it..

I would really hope you have a backup! If so, definitely flash it. I'm sure there are plenty of cool ROMs out for the DInc to try. I know there's an Ultimate Droid from Blackdroid, and it's my favorite for the D1. I would imagine the 3G breaking is a result of the ROM, surprised it's the only issue your finding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones