ROM Manager - An error occured while flashing your recovery

Last Updated:

1. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried searching for this but every search came up with zero results so sorry if this has been posted before.

I rooted my stock 2.2 Evo a few days ago and have been loving CM6 on it. I had Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.1 installed and finally got used to using it.

I read that ROM manager was a nice graphical interface to CWR so I went to check it out. Unfortunately I couldn't do anything at all in it.

Every time I tried to do anything it said I needed Clockwork Recovery installed. This confused me because it already was installed.

I would try to install it anyways, I would select "Evo CDMA" and then it would fail every time.

I decided I would try to install Amon-Ra instead, and then just flash back.

ROM Manager was able to flash Amon-Ra easily, but now still gives me an error every time I try to install Clockwork.

Can someone help? I've searched and searched and found lots of people with this problem and absolutely ZERO solutions.

I'm still new to the whole rooting scene and this is the first problem I've run into.

Also, I already tried Fixing User Permissions.

Edit: I just deleted ROM Manager from my phone using adb and redownloaded it from the market. I ran fix user permissions again and restarted. Nothing.

Advertisement
  2. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow. All I had to do was turn on Wifi. Wish that would have been posted somewhere in the app.

3. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

HAHAHA, great you fixed it!

4. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

Why would wifi affect flashing clockworkmod?

5. joeyldev

joeyldev Member

I don't know, but I had the same exact issue and turning wifi on worked for me too.

6. texasboylaw

texasboylaw Well-Known Member

Had same problem also. My problem was fixed by pulling the battery out.