Rom Manager and Clockwork

Last Updated:

1. dannyinterwebz

dannyinterwebz Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted with the 2.2 unrevoked forever method. I installed the fresh custom ROM and ROM manager, but when I try to use ROM manager, it tells me that I have to have Clockwork Recovery installed. What gives? I have it.

Advertisement
  2. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

Look at the first line in rom manager and you will likely see it says current recovery amon ra. If you want to use clockworkmod then you can change to it by selecting the top line that says flash clockworkmod. You will be asked to confirm your phone model and then the clockworkmod recovery will flash. The reason for theism is the dev for clockwork is the same dev for rom manager.

3. AHP

AHP Member

Yeap,
    It’s all a matter of preference. I use the Clockwork but other folks say use amon ra, because it has been known to fully wipe data.
    Honestly I can not tell a difference!

4. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

clockwork has cache and dalvik-cache and data wipe issues, when i used it, i would have to wipe 2-3 times before it would work which is why i prefer ra

5. dannyinterwebz

dannyinterwebz Member This Topic's Starter

As said in my original post, I DO have Clockwork installed, not Amon ra.

6. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had the same problem. It seems that rom manager doesn't understand that you're running clockwork already unless it was flashed through it. So, just reflash it, like it asks you to. I did, and it worked fine.

7. mcryan85

mcryan85 Member

I have downloaded MYN warm two point two rom on ROM Manger premium. Could anyone walk me through how to get this rom up and running. When i go into recovery i cant find where the file is located... Any advice would be great thanks!

8. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

If you downloaded the ROM from your phone then look for .zip in the download folder of ur SD/card,move and paste where all ur folders are.Go into recovery and flash.

9. mcryan85

mcryan85 Member

When i go to choose a zip to apply i hit power on download and it wont open...? Should i re-download it and can i have it download into the folder i want? I went into the clockworkmod folder then download i can see warmtwopointtwo but it wont let me open it????

10. WaynesNside

WaynesNside Well-Known Member

I just tried this also and it did the same thing. I just went into the recovery of RA and then used it from there.

I was trying to create a backup in RA.

11. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Back on topic: ^this.

12. biblefreak

biblefreak Well-Known Member

True story. Just rooted my wife's evo tonight and when I installed rom manager it didn't show a recovery listed. I flashed clockwork to see what would happen and it showed up then. Made a nandroid, changed to amon ra as that's what I prefer for flashing kernels, put on Kings cfs 9, went back to rom manager and changed my recovery back to clockwork. I also took your advice from another thread and have a zip file for clockwork on the root of my sd card should I end up screwing something up and not have an amon ra nand I could temporarily flash clockwork. Best of :D:Dboth worlds!

13. WaynesNside

I have mine set up like that now with the advice of Nov. also. Kinda the other way around with a zip of RA on my SD.

Do you have a link to the Clockwork zip?

14. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Clockworkmod zips for all the supported platforms here:
    Index of /recoveries

Do you have the link to RA .zip? I never found it. thanks.

Mr. Ed and I Like Soup like this.
  15. WaynesNside

I Like Soup and novox77 like this.
  16. Bleelas

Bleelas New Member

Is there a zip file in there or just the img file? I just recently got an evo and more recently rooted so sorry for not completely understanding. I do get the difference between Clockwork and RA and I've switched between the two with RM and booted into both recoveries to try them out. I was going to try to flash between the two like novox recommended but I thought they needed to be zip files on the sd card. Sorry if I'm confusing zip vs. img. Thanks, all this information is fantastic!

17. WaynesNside

Take the imgs and put them into separate zip files and you should be all good.

Bleelas likes this.
  18. Bleelas

Bleelas New Member

Awesome, thanks!

19. Osprey

Osprey New Member

Really don't know if I'm doing this right on the post but we'll see...I rooted my new EVO with the Unrevoked 3.21 Things seem to go as planned. Made a nandroid back up right off the bat. Installed ROM manager and when I went in to it. It shows the regular android recovery RA is the current recovery? tried to flash clockwork and all I get is an error message when trying to flash clockwork? restarted phone into recovery and it shows Clockwork as the recovery. Went ahead and installed MYN'S WARM TWOPOINTTWO and went as far as to wipe data and cache at this point for good measure. It installed with no problems and after startup went back into ROM manager and same thing. Shows RA is current recovery and when I try to flash clockwork I get the same error as before? Is this something I'm doing wrong?