ROM manager AND set CPU need help!!!

Last Updated:

1. ihaveadroid95

ihaveadroid95 New Member This Topic's Starter

OK, im new to all of this... I dont know any terminology of any kind so if youre going to tell me to do something please tell me how.:confused:

First, ROM manager. In a DETAILED explanation please tell me how to install and backup and all of that fun stuffs.

Again, I dont know how to do anything without direction!!

And 2nd, Set CPU, I just need all the info. i need to know on this app, and how to use it.

Please, help me.

Advertisement
  2. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

First off, in rom manager you should first click flash clockworkmod assuming you haven't done so already. Then scroll down in rom manager and click backup rom. Once it finishes and has rebooted you can go to set cpu.

In there if this will be your first time using it you will have to scroll down and select auto detect speeds. Once that is done you will see a screen that shows a triple or quadruple digit # at the top showing you the speed your droid is running at. There is also 2 bars below that that determine how you want the speed to be set to. You can move those around for your liking.

So if you want better battery life then you can bring down the maximum speed bar but your phone will be slower. Vice versa if you bring up the minimum bar. The governers also pretty much do the same kind of thing. As in if you have the maximum bar all the way up and the minimum bar all the way down and you set the governor to performance then the speed of your phone will be all the way up.

Thats as far as I'll go as this post has gotten really long.

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it doesn't get more intuitive than ROM Manager. The damn thing pretty much has "manage backups" and "make new backup" buttons, and a way to automate ROM downloads and installations. SetCPU is a little confusing but the program provides you with a link to their website where you can learn about things like the different governors (interactive is the big one you should use right now if your kernel supports it. If it doesn't, either flash slayher's kernel because that one has support for it, or deal with the ondemand governor).

4. tommyk2005

tommyk2005 Member

Dude I and several other people tried to help you in the droid forums. You are as green as they come and I will not help you brick your phone. bad enough I linked you to the soup and root thread cus you are not experienced enough to have a rooted phone just yet. read, read, and read the stickies on rooted phones
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/94889-friendly-rooting-guide-plus-useful-tips.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/95071-help-rom-manager.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/94740-worth-rooting-droid.html

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Based on the 95 in his username, sounds like he's a 15 year old. Damn kids these days want everything handed to them. :rolleyes:

Not that I should be saying that, I'm only two years older than what I speculate to be his age. :D

Also, that being said, I think it's been proven that it's impossible to brick the Droid with anything less than an actual brick. Or one of the dozens of hardware issues with the damn thing.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

True dat but if someone doesn't know what a ROM Manager is, it's a nonfunctional phone waiting to happen... and none of us will be in the room with him to fix it when things go south (and they likely will). Sounds like "95" wants everything just DONE and that's not the way it rolls. Lots of reading, studying, nail-biting and then he can get to the fun stuff. There's no real shortcut that wins over old-school rooting and ROMming.

7. TravisW0204

TravisW0204 Member

I totally agree with The Chief. This is not like Windows where you have many different avenues that you don't have access to, even with unlocking the phone . If you screw something up in Android you might as well look forward to getting a replacement and dealing with that hassle because literally everything is wide open for you to sabotage if you don't know what you are doing.

8. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

dude. og droid doesnt even have 4g. and what is Amon Ra? What phone are you talking about?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

9. TravisW0204

TravisW0204 Member

My bad. Wrong forum. I also own an EVO. I was posting in two places at once and must've mixed up my posts. Please accept my apologies.

10. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Thus the cost of "One click rooting"!!!