ROM Manager Basic Help Please...

Last Updated:

1. stephejo

stephejo Well-Known Member

Need help please... I searched first but couldn't find any basic help on ROM Manager in one place.

I rooted my Droid using SPRecovery and all seems ok with that. Used video tutorial. Now looking to install Bugless Beast 1.0. The tutorial I watched uses ROM Manager Premium, so I bought and installed it. It doesn't seem to work correctly or there is a user error.

The only thing lit and available in ROM Manager Premium is the RECOVERY section (Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and Reboot to Recovery). All the other sections, like ROM Management, are unavailable.

I tried to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery but I received "An error occurred while flashing your recovery"

Any tips on where I need to go? Shoulod I just do an SPRecovery installation of BB1.0 and forget about ROM Manager??

I am a total newbie. Is there a How To on ROM Manager out there?

2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you can use sprecovery to install it. however rom manager should flash clockwork mod with no problem. rom manager gets updated very often and maybe you downloaded it in the midst of a bug.
  3. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

There appears to be something wrong with Rom Manager at the moment. I've been rooted for months. Installed Rom Manager about a month ago. It was working fine up until about 2 days ago.

I saw that there was an update for Clockwork. When I tried to update I get "an error has occurred while flashing recovery."

You can load BB just as you loaded the root file. Place zip on SD. rename to and go through the same process as you did to install root.
    stephejo likes this.
  4. stephejo

It says in ROM Manager that ClockworkMod Recovery must be installed. Is this a separate install or can it be done in ROM Manager. I am selecting Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
  5. Droid_Junky

I don't think your doing anything wrong with Rom Manager. When you open the app it says, Clockwork Mod Recovery must be installed. then at the top you select Flash Clockwork recovery and it fails.

I'm running the Nexbeastv1.0 and in that thread it talks of this mysterious OTA update that occurred to some in the last few days. From everything that I read it is related to Clockwork. SO for the time being I'm sticking with SPRecov.
    stephejo likes this.
  6. Droid_Junky

stephejo likes this.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

just checked and there is no new CW showing - installed and latest at - was it perhaps pulled b/c of this?
  8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

what is the new version showing for you?
  9. stephejo

I am the OP. I have

Suddenly it is working (AFTER I did a SDRecovery flash manually to BB 1.0)

Oh well. It seems fine now.

10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yeah, not completely related but I'm having issues flashing back to CM from BB. Everytime it gives me an error and won't install. I guess I'm stuck on BB for a while longer now.