ROM Manager & Custom ROMs

Last Updated:

1. TeamTJ

TeamTJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded & installed ROM Manger and wanted to try out a ROM or 2, but when I go to download one, they all say to do a wipe first.

I'm lost. If I wipe, I'll lose ROM manager, won't I?

What am I missing? How can I try our ROMs?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't mess with using rom manager but if you must go that route simply do what it tells you to do, you'll have to re download it after you boot the new rom. Now that I think about it, I know what you're talking about, don't worry though, it boots into recover before wiping anything.

3. some1insc

some1insc Member

I downloaded rom manger and when to flash clockworkmod recovery and it ask me to confirm my phone model and the only model is HTC Evo (CDMA) and when i push it an error while attempting to run privileged commands?????

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

sounds like you've lost root, download Quick Boot and try to get it to reboot with this. If it doesn't do anything then you've lost root somehow.

5. Slovak

Slovak Well-Known Member

Just put the rom's on the root of your sd card, which is when you plug your phone into your computer, it will list it as drive (d,e,f etc.) The root of your sd card is whatever opens when you click that drive in your computer. Copy the .zip file of the rom there and you are good to go. I currently have 4 on my sd card. To switch between them just boot into recovery by holding down the home key as you boot your phone, wipe first just as the rom developer says, make sure you have a nandriod backup, then just load the rom from the .zip file. Easy.