Rom Manager doesn't know Clockwork is already installed

1. anicotra

anicotra Well-Known Member

Hello,

When I select some of the options in Rom Manager, it says I need to install clockwork recovery. I already have clockwork 2.5.0.5 installed.

Does anyone know why it doesn't detect or know about it?

Also, what would happen if I selected to option to install clockwork, even though I already have the latest version flased?

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Nothing. It just says it's installed even though it already is installed. Kinda made me wonder at first too but whatever the reason, it's not a big deal. I've read the explanation for why this is but can't remember and probably didn't fully understand even after hearing it. :D
  3. xFlawless11x

xFlawless11x Well-Known Member

It's best to just let it install the "latest clockwork," it won't override the one you have installed.

Then you should be good to go!

-Flawless
  4. ktan91

ktan91 Active Member

It will if you have s-off.
  5. anicotra

Yep, I understand the s-off comment. I am still s-on at moment, but expect to s-off anyday now.

So, do you know if rom monitor sets some internal data to know if it thinks it's installed CWR, so that when I do go s-off it won't try to overwrite it then?
  6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

It does appear to flash a newer version but mine still says 2.5.0.1 though. I noticed a difference in the program however, now instead of using the power button to go backward, there's a selection on each menu for "go back". It'd be nice if it would show the correct version that is loaded.
  7. anicotra

This just bothers me the this works. What does it do if NOT S-OFF? Does it install and run out of ram? Then when you do the physical reboot, it uses what was burned into flash before?

Why not just check to see if CWR is present, and not install, or try to install anything.