ROM Manager: Easiest way to install ROM's! Must Have App!

Last Updated: 2013-07-28 02:00:40
  1. superdroid26

superdroid26 New Member

In my opinion ROM Manager is one of the greatest apps ever created. Before i go on with this review, i want to mention that Rom Manager is only for rooted devices. ROM manager makes your life so much easier because it does everything for you from flashing ROM's to installing custom kernels, themes, and creating backups of your current ROM. Rom Manager comes in two versions: Free and Premimum($3.99). I highly recommend you guys buy the premium version, the premium version gives you a bigger ROM list and also supports OTA updates for your ROM. Rom Manager has a simple, easy to use user interface and it supports all the wonderful ROM's that are out there.

[​IMG]

As you can see, the ROM list is huge and it is updated often. I am able to jump from ROM to ROM with ease and get all the updates with just one click. The first thing you are gonna see when open up the application is this screen:

[​IMG]

"Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", is a custom recovery created by Koush. ClockworkMod has Nandroid, which lets you create and restore backups. Here is a great writeup on Nandroid: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nandroid_backup. Once you flash ClockworkMod recovery, you can move on to downloading and installing your favorite roms. "Install ROM from SD Card" lets you find and install ROM's that you have downloaded straight to your phone(saved somewhere on your SD Card). The "Download ROM" option lets you download and install a ROM from Huge list of available ROM's. The "Check For ROM Updates" lets you get updates for your current ROM.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The "Backup Current ROM" lets you create a backup of your current ROM, you get to name your backup which makes it easy to find when you are trying to restore. The "Manage and Restore Backups" is mainly used to restore backups. Quick tip: latest backup is always on the bottom. Also i had Force close problems with certain apps, and the "Fix Permissions" option took care of all my problems!

In conclusion, I love the ROM Manager application. It is easy to use and makes me love my phone even more. The app can be found in the market, and i highly recommend that all you rooted users check it out!

Rating: 5/5! Must Have App!

Advertisement
    totalkaos1983 and AARONONE like this.
  2. tarokako

tarokako New Member

great review. i agree, the application makes it so easy to install roms. 5/5!!
  3. earthworm1102

earthworm1102 New Member

I'm using ROM Manager v4.3.1.5 ,I can click on Download ROM but when i click on "Check for ROM updates, i get "This feature is only available to Premium users".
    So do i need to buy ROM Manager Premium to be able to use this option?
  4. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

From Post #1:
  5. dan optimus m

dan optimus m New Member

rom manager actually bricked my phone and now its stuck in fastboot and i have no idea wat to do!!
  6. totalkaos1983

totalkaos1983 Member

this is great info but im only a week old at this android phone stuff i just got my 1st one 2wks ago and rooted it late last night finaly after a week of being scared. after much reading I feel my next step would be custom rom but I dnt really understand it or how to do it. Fankly I belive I need your directions dumed up a bit for me as to i partialy understand but not really. Honestly I wish I could meet some people around where i live to teach me these things in person because im a visual, hands on learner and all this reading really just confuses me most the time!
  7. mjkohler

mjkohler Member

Grrrr phone froze while typing. Hope I get this out. Lol. Due to phone freezing and not able to fix despite trying just about everything I have read am going to try and root and flash next week. (Waiting for sd card to arrive) tried downloading rom manager premium as the thought of something that would do the work fir me was appealing. :) unfortunately when I opened it to see what it was all about said it did not support my phone which is a gt-I1900t galaxy s2.

Unsure whether to refund it or keep it to see if it will make a difference when phone is rooted.

Have read a simple way to root when lacking technical knowledge is to use z4root v.1.3.0

I also intend to flash parandroid 4.2.2. Jelly bean and google apps package.

Would rom manager be redundant after my doing this?