Root ROM Manager Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ihaveadroid, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ihaveadroid

ihaveadroid Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    I have just decided to root my droid for the first time and I can't even get it to work. I manually updated to the 2.2 update. I then downloaded EasyRoot to root my phone. no problems there. when i downloaded ROM manager though, when I first click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and click my device it says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!". Is there a step I'm missing here? Or am I doing something wrong? I knew this was alot harder then people make it seem. Please some one help me. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    "privileged commands" makes me think that ROM Manager does not have Superuser Permissions. Do you have the app Superuser Permissions loaded - and Busy Box - and if so is ROM Manager listed in Superuser Permissions as having permissions?

3. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Texas
    This happened to me -- did you reboot your phone after rooting? Have to do that. After I rebooted, I went into ROM manager again and it worked. Got the "superuser permissions" box.

4. chefcale

chefcale New Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Chef
    Asia
    I could not flash my new ROM update as my recovery was not working.

Solution: open Rom Mananger>scroll down to bottom All ClockworkMod Recoveries>select and flash an older Recovery...= problem solved!

FYI