• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom manager hates me now...

shademar

Nov 17, 2009
Berkeley
I haven't really had time to jump in and figure out why yet (just turned in the final draft of my dissertation for review a few hour ago =p ) But Rom manager stopped working for me a while back. I can flash CW recovery, download any rom, wipe everything, and when I go to install, it just reboots me back to where I started. I can't even update CM. I've reflashed CW recovery, redownloaded rom manager, and tried to manually reboot into recovery (wasn't sure how, so I tried the old sprecovery way). That just got me stuck at 'M' till I did a battery pull.

Anyways, I think I'm just going to flash back to sprecovery and install BB1.0 as an update.zip, unless anyone has any clever ideas as to what my sleep deprived self may be effing up?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't really had time to jump in and figure out why yet (just turned in the final draft of my dissertation for review a few hour ago =p ) But Rom manager stopped working for me a while back. I can flash CW recovery, download any rom, wipe everything, and when I go to install, it just reboots me back to where I started. I can't even update CM. I've reflashed CW recovery, redownloaded rom manager, and tried to manually reboot into recovery (wasn't sure how, so I tried the old sprecovery way). That just got me stuck at 'M' till I did a battery pull.

Anyways, I think I'm just going to flash back to sprecovery and install BB1.0 as an update.zip, unless anyone has any clever ideas as to what my sleep deprived self may be effing up?

Thanks in advance!

I would probably do a triple wipe and nandroid back to a stable image in case you need to back apps up, etc. If you need to do that, do what you need to do then triple wipe again, load V1 as a fresh install and go from there.
Then download ROM Manager, update it then reflash CWR. You should be golden there.
It is always good to do a clean install anyhow.
Good luck
N

Upvote 0
I would probably do a triple wipe and nandroid back to a stable image in case you need to back apps up, etc. If you need to do that, do what you need to do then triple wipe again, load V1 as a fresh install and go from there.
Then download ROM Manager, update it then reflash CWR. You should be golden there.
It is always good to do a clean install anyhow.
Good luck
N

Sounds like about as muck work as I'd feared. Thanks for the advice inssane! Now to go see if I saved my old nandroid backups (famous last words = I know they're around here somewhere...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones