Rom Manager Help

Last Updated:

1. mikeygaga11

mikeygaga11 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to Rooting and Roms but I keep getting the same problem while installing Roms using Rom Manager. I flash and then I install the ROM and everything goes well until the boot up screen. It gets stuck in a loop of the Droid and Droid Eye animation and I have to restore it. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong? I am using the Droid with Froyo, rooted using Easy Root.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

You can always flash SPRecovery from ROM Manager and try installing the ROM as an update.zip.

I find this method useful whenever I run into problems with Clockwork. Flash the alternate recovery in ROM Manager, rename the ROM file to "update.zip" either through a file manager or by mounting the SD card, then boot into recovery.

Ensure you have a Nandroid backup, then clear cache/wipe data 3 times, go to "install" and select "allow update.zip," then finally click install.

Let it finish installing, then reboot. If you're still stuck in a boot loop, you may have a corrupt file, or what have you.

It may be beneficial to just try downloading and flashing a different ROM through ROM Manager before ever flashing to SPRecovery, and seeing if that works. That way we know it's the file/ROM, and not the recovery.

3. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Did you check off the wipe data/cache option in Rom Manager?

4. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

You may want to try flashing back to ClockworkMod v2.5.0.0

5. mikeygaga11

mikeygaga11 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, flashing back to 2.5.0.0 worked . Another quick question. Is there a way to save messaging / call log / apps etc. to the SD card before installing a different ROM?

6. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

Download Titanium Backup from the market.

I haven't flashed a different ROM in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it can save that data if you back it up.