Rom Manager listing 2 wrong phone models

Last Updated:

1. jakegt1978

jakegt1978 New Member

Good evening all.

I am new here and new to Android phones. While I am pretty sharp with .bat I am new to this and need a little help.

I rooted my phone per directions from this website, no problem. I have installed Rom Manager and have tried to do a "Backup Current ROM" . It says that i must have ClockworkMod installed before I can. I select install and ask me to confirm phone model. Well the two options are Samsung Epic4G and GalaxyS i 9000, which I have the transform ultra......so that when I need help. I think that I need to download CWM.zip that I have seen here. I have downloaded the zip and it has several files with a .bat.

So do I need to run that bat and it will flash what I need and will show the corect phone so I can back up my ROM ? treat me with kid gloves and give me good detail.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

Uninstall ROM manager pronto, it will brick your phone

this is what you need

CWM for ultra
    smith058 and jakegt1978 like this.
  3. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Remove rom manager immediately and dont use it! Lol, CWM does not support our phone and you will brick yours using it. We have a recovery program based off of CWM specifically for our phone for you to use but it is not compatible with the app rom manager or the official CWM tool.
    jakegt1978 likes this.
  4. jakegt1978

jakegt1978 New Member

Thanks for the link. That is what I have downloaded. So use the bat same process like when I rooted it ? After I run the bat hold down volume button, push power and let off power once samsung logo appears? THis will put me into where I can create a back up ? That seemd to be the process fromj what I read.

Also can I just use a spare SD card for the back up and use other SD cards. I just want as back up and us other sd card
  5. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

yes its just like the on click process for root, and yup do those steps to boot into cwm then when your into it.
    select backup and restore
    backup
    wait for script to finish
    your done just reboot:)
    jakegt1978 likes this.
  6. smith058

smith058 Well-Known Member

Yes you can.