ROM Manager overrides Amon's Recovery Image

Last Updated:

1. jonathanphx1

jonathanphx1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded ROM manager from the android market and it overrode amon's recovery image. Any idea how I can get this recovery image of my phone and amon's back on thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jonathanphx1

fixed it just had to flash amons image back on the phone and it overrode the ROM managers recovery image.

3. Autocrafts

Autocrafts Member

LOL I did the same thing...

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Ok shoot i just installed rom manager last night. I haven't run it though and have just uninstalled it. I've run the recovery mode a few times since installing it and have done a nandroid backup. What should i look for to be sure amons recovery image is still on there and didn't get overwritten? Any help is much appreciated.

5. jonathanphx1

When you install ROM manager one of the options is to install ROM managers recovery image, if you didn't download the recovery image you should be fine. If you have done a nandroid backup and nothing looked different you should be fine. The ROM manager recovery image when you boot the phone into recovery mode will say in green letter "ROM Manger Recovery 1.6.0" I may be off on the version. You will see a diffrence between this recovery image and Amon's. I hope this helped

jwm2 likes this.
  6. jamezelle

jamezelle Well-Known Member

is my rom in the rom manager?

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oh ok cool, well then i'm good to go. I think your rom is still in there, it shows up on the sd card still when i plug it into my pc. Great rom btw, i really appreciate the work you put into this.

It says: RA-eris-v1.6.2

So i'm definately good to go.

8. Autocrafts

Autocrafts Member

Did you run ROM Manager? If so it overrides Amon's and installs another recovery manager and all you need to do is re flash Amon's following the same instructions.

9. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

No i never got around to running it, i just downloaded it and installed it but never actually executed the app. So i just deleted it and i'm almost 100% sure the amon recovery image is still on there, at least going by what others are telling me i'm still good to go. When i boot to the recovery mode i get RA-eris-v1.6.2 at the bottom and after googling its definately amons recovery image thats running. I would instal it again just to make sure but i don't want to overwrite any of the backups i have on the phone.

10. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Is there a rom manager that uses amons recovery image?