ROM Manager Premium gone?

Last Updated:

1. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been wanting to use ROM Manager Premium, but I have a problem: I can't find it! I've searched every which way I can including searching Koush's apps, but nothing, nada, zippo, zilch. I've been lead to the app "AppBrain" which allows you to install apps from the browser, and it's direct link to the premium version. When I tried to install it, it goes to the Market and searches for it. However, it says that there are no matches for it. I've emailed Koush, but who knows if he'll respond. I know all these devs get hitup 100 times a day.

Anyone have any insight they could share?

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Just search "Rom Manager". Both the free and the premium will come up. You can install the free but when you purchase the premium...all the other features are unlocked.

3. i ride a burton

i ride a burton Active Member

I just went to the market and typed in just the word "rom" and it was the first on the list

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I would go to koush's irc channel on freenode. He is quick to respond if he is there and if not someone else there would probably be able to help you

5. YankeeDudeL

Well, that didn't take too long. Koush replied back stating that some ROMs, especially the Ultimate Droid ROMs, do not show DRM Marketplace apps. He recommended trying the CyanogenMod via the free app. So I'm going to give that a whirl. But if anyone has anything to add, please feel free.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

another thought is to use rom manager assuming you are able to use the free one and run fix permissions then search for it again

7. YankeeDudeL

It wasn't coming up no matter what I searched, but that reason was answered as stated above. I'm currently using UD 8.6.3, so that would explain it.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

The Market Fix should account for that if you're on UD 8.6.3 - and it definitely shows in UD 9

9. YankeeDudeL

Yes, Blackdroid responded in his forum to do that. I had been hoping to use ROM Manager to update to it, which is why I hadn't. But we're good to go, there. Now if only I can solve my Swype issue...

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Swype - either deal with the fix that makes you change KB after every boot, or else find the older 5612 version.

YankeeDudeL likes this.
  11. YankeeDudeL

Tried the fix, but to no avail. I'm currently searching for it. Where's my bloody pirates at? lol

EDIT: Yes, found the 5612 apk. Thanks for telling me which one it was! Everything should be under control now.