• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rom Manager Premium Help!

Klaskimo

Apr 12, 2010
When I try to download a ROM through ROM manager it tells me that I need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed first. When I try to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery it tells me an error occured while flashing your recovery. I believe I already have ClockworkMod Recovery installed because when I boot into the white screen at the bottom it says ClockworkMod Recovery. I am using a rooted (unrevoked) evo. Any idea on how to get Rom Manager to recognize my ClockworkMod Recovery or are there any other programs out there to download and install roms?

(I am pretty new to this and just rooted my evo last night (if you couldn't tell lol))

Are you sure you have full root? Unrevoked has been having issues with completing the processes (giving you s-off), lately. Turn off the phone, then press and hold the volume down button while turning the phone on to get to hboot. That's the white screen with menus. At the top, does it say s-on or s-off? You want s-off. After you verify that, look for the menu option in hboot that says "recovery". Select that (using the volume buttons to navigate, and the power button to select). If that doesn't take you to a black screen with menus that says "Clockwork recovery" at the top, then you have a problem with recovery. You can also get to recovery by just selecting the "reboot into recovery" option in rom manager, but do it the other way so you can verify s-off first (unless you already know you have s-off, of course).

Upvote 0
lol.
What a waste of a post.
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Rom Manager and it worked. :p

Thanks a million!!! There are the most simple thinds at the end!!! I said to myself: "Why not?!", and reinstalled the app... DID THE TRICK!

After I installed Rom Manager the first time, an updated version has been released and that's why it didn't do anything, regarding "Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery"!!! I see that, because the version number is different!

Boy, o Boy! Have I wasted some time on this!!! A day and a half!!!! Ufff...:D:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones