ROM Manager problem

Last Updated:

1. lennie paz

lennie paz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, when I choose Reboot into Recovery, it goes to a screen with the little green Android a yellow exclamation point in a white triangle. If I click the power button, I get the options menu and on the bottom it says: E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip(Invalid argument). Is it looking for the update.zip file when I choose Reboot into Recovery? I didn't rename the ROM "update.zip" on my SD card, I just left the ROM with the original name. After getting to the options, I can never install the ROM without getting the failed to update message. If I power off the phone, click the vol down and power button to boot into recovery, all my ROMs install fine.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah, same here. I think I got 2 updates real close to one another in the last few days. If it were the case, which I'm not saying it is, there must be a trigger for it b/c I just booted into recovery via ROM Manager and had no problems.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Same.

6. MarcM

MarcM Well-Known Member

I had the same problem after running a backup of my rom from RM. I got out of it by flashing Clock Work again in ROM Manager. I think the problem may be that erased an update.zip file from my sd card.

I have read of people getting bricked using RM. I'm trying to understand what the problem is and if I should use it. For now I will do all backups and restores manuall in recovery.

Evidently, from what I read in a post, RM installs "fake" or virtual recoveries on your device. Don't really understand this.

Any clarifications appreciated!

7. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

I had the exact same issue last week. Use ROM manager to download the ROM you want but flash it yourself. That's what I did. Worked fine.